In the Works

Started by Midway Tommy, December 14, 2019, 03:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Can that post that connects the stand to the rest of the frame be put in from the other direction?  It looks like the center of gravity is way forward.
-steve

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Ron Jones on December 14, 2019, 08:56:32 PM
It hurts my head just looking at it. They put a bunch of stuff in that reel. A clear side plate would be cool to show it off.
The Man

I stared at it for a little while, myself, contemplating whether to tear into it or leave well enough alone.  ::) I decided what the heck, I might as well dig in and hope that all goes back together the way it came apart.  :)

QuoteCan that post that connects the stand to the rest of the frame be put in from the other direction?  It looks like the center of gravity is way forward.
-steve

I suppose it could but you would have some sore knuckles since the bail sticks out so far. Surprisingly, for as big of a reel as it is, it seems fairly light and balances pretty well. I'll do some measuring & weighing when I put it back together.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Midway Tommy

For anyone interested, the rest of the story can be found over here in tutorial form.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Rivverrat

I agree with Sal. A very neat reel for the shelf. Very odd / unique conglomeration of ideas in this one... Jeff