Captain Yuri Trip 1 out 5 stars BEWARE

Started by wideopenoutdoors, December 21, 2019, 12:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaf

I have not gone on Capt Yuri's boat but I know many people who have.  I am not trying to defend him, just saying I have only heard positive comments about his trips from people who go on his boat fairly often.

Dominick

Well we heard from both sides so we have to make up our own minds.  There you have two conflicting stories.  While it is no excuse to not having renewed his license that does not take away his sea experience.  I expect that nothing more can be said regarding that trip.  Thank you both for your reports.  Let's drop it here (Wideopenoutddoors and Captain Yuri) or the thread will be locked.  Respectful comments by other members are not being discouraged by my post.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Well, Capt Yuri wasn't there and the client was both experienced and on the trip. Advantage client!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

SoCalAngler

I have no dog in this fight so to speak. Yeah, I know not politically correct on my terminology.

IMO the OP should have made his complaints made to the owner first. Then if he did not get a explanation of what happened to his liking, maybe a corrective measure if the owner thought it was fit,  then and only then go public with the result.

To me it seems like there is some conflict on areas to be fished, but was that due to the charter he went with? I chartermastred a trip for 20 years strait and not one time did I state where we would fish, the main targeted species or what type of weather we may have.

IMO a owner of a business that has many more positive rating than bad should get the benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying the OP is out of line but to me I would of handled the situation differently.  

kmstorm64

Quote from: alantani on December 21, 2019, 06:44:14 PM
i see a coast guard inspection in his future......   :-\

To add to that a call to t the state attorney general office, the local sheriff, and Florida Fish and Game. There is no reason an operation like that should be out there endangering peoples lives. Odds are they are still operating like they id that day.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

xaf

As SoCalAngler said, I have no dog in this fight but I am curious about one thing.  How many posters on this thread are actually aware of Capt Yuri's operation or his reputation?
I believe it is excessive to recommend calls to the Coast Guard, State Attorney, Sheriff, Florida Fish & Game, an so on based on one report by a disgruntled fisherman unless you have first hand experience of the operation in question.  I have fished the same areas that Capt Yuri fishes for many years, am aware of his operation, know many people who have fished his boats and have only heard positive comments until reading the posters report. Again, I would ask how many that have posted here have first hand experience of his operation.   

alantani

gentlemen, thank you for your input, but there is likely nothing further that we can do for this situation.  i'm going to lock this down.  if there are any specific concerns, please feel free to send me a pm.  thank you for your understanding.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!