Got my first 6/0 Senator and 114HL from the "Ohana"!

Started by Beachmaster, January 04, 2020, 03:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

You may want to check out the 114 7-stack drag kit instead of the 5-stack for that reel available only through Mystic Reel Parts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 05, 2020, 10:17:21 AM
You may want to check out the 114 7-stack drag kit instead of the 5-stack for that reel available only through Mystic Reel Parts.
That would make a nice upgrade.
The 7- stack is working really nice in these reels.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Beachmaster

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 05, 2020, 10:17:21 AM

Thanks!  I will go check that out.

Beachmaster

Got her all cleaned up and ready to put back together sans the drag kit.  I'm going to order the 7+1 from Mystic.  I had a good helper today as well :)

handi2

You are doing great. I love it when parents get their kids involved. She will be doing this for years now.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 04, 2020, 08:52:43 PM
Not surprised here, It isn't the first from Daron.
We are blessed having such a group!
Nice going bro!👍

Sal

I learned from the Best! ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Reel left Kentucky this morning. You should have it by Thursday.
This is not a Custom Job, Just a Functioning 114H I forgot I had.
It should have no problems reeling in a shark just like it is.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

PB is an 8' nurse shark on a bone stock 6/0 114HL. I'm pretty good sized and pulled hard enough to permanently torque a solid glas Magnaflex rod lifting straight up on her to get out of the reef. The reel will do :)

John

Beachmaster

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 07, 2020, 06:19:21 AM
Reel left Kentucky this morning. You should have it by Thursday.
This is not a Custom Job, Just a Functioning 114H I forgot I had.
It should have no problems reeling in a shark just like it is.
Awesome thanks!  I will let you know when I get it!

Beachmaster

Look what the mailman brought me today!  Thanks so much Daron!  I hope the next pictures you will see will be a shark with it this summer!

foakes

Smart and beautiful young lady!

Leave it to Daron to send out one of his newly discovered "floor sweepings".

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Donnyboat

I would love to see a pic, when your pretty little helper catches a fish, with it, nice work Daron, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

RowdyW

It looks like you got the anniverseray model a 114HL. Great score. Daron doesn't fool around.        Rudy