Adam’s Drag Inserts. Job Done.

Started by handi2, January 05, 2020, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Here are a couple of pictures of 9/0 reels I have done for many, many customers. Also a picture of what they can catch.

The owner of the 2 reels placed first and second in the Amberjack division in a tournament a couple of months ago.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bill B

Good job, always good to see equipment we build putting fish on the deck, even better when they win tournaments...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

gstours

Great job folks. :)   Adams insert drag kits are well worth the money in my book. ;D

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Benni3

Quote from: handi2 on January 13, 2020, 10:42:59 PM
Those are 100lb fish..!
great catch and I think Keith had something to do with that,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

It is a great product from Adam, I'm still trying to figure out why the 7+1 standard set works better on a 16/0 😏.
I had to replace two sets for members.

I do however like them on most other reels, especially the 9/0's , 6/0's and 4/0's.

One of the best upgrade here.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Ive been working towards 1.5mm washers in all the 114H and up kits.  They seem to hold up better at higher drag settings, and still put out more max drag than most anyone can actually use. 

nelz

Quote from: handi2 on January 13, 2020, 10:42:59 PMThose are 100lb fish..!

DONKEYS! They'll give you a workout!  ;D

Just curious, but what do they do with those fish after all is said and done?

Rancanfish

Quote from: Three se7ens on January 19, 2020, 04:21:48 AM
Ive been working towards 1.5mm washers in all the 114H and up kits.  They seem to hold up better at higher drag settings, and still put out more max drag than most anyone can actually use. 

Forgive the dumb question,  but are you referring to metal washers?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Rancanfish on January 19, 2020, 08:50:43 PM
Quote from: Three se7ens on January 19, 2020, 04:21:48 AM

Forgive the dumb question,  but are you referring to metal washers?

No, the carbon fiber washers.  The metal washers will stay .031" thick titanium for 114h/115 and under, and .063 stainless for the 116 and up.