New guy from NC

Started by mwardncsu, January 10, 2020, 01:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwardncsu

Greetings all - I wanted to say "hi" and Thanks for all the great info here

Servicing my fleet of Avet MXL's that haven't had a lot of time on the field but also haven't had any service despite a couple of trips to the salt and several on the lakes/rivers

Thanks to the posts here I had the confidence to fully tear down the reel, clean throughly in an ultrasonic and rebuild.

2 down and 6 to go.... then to tackle a dozen Tekota 500's  :o

Run Shimano Tekota 500/500LCs and Avet MXL 5.8's for all my live-bait reels, and Shimano Stradic CI4+ spinning reels . Shimano Curado bait casters for casting.

thorhammer

Welcome!!! Nice work. Where are you? I see that Wolfpack nastiness....

John

mwardncsu

Quote from: thorhammer on January 10, 2020, 02:17:40 PM
Welcome!!! Nice work. Where are you? I see that Wolfpack nastiness....

John

Thanks John - I'm in Mebane, between Hillsboro & Burlington... and yes - Go Pack!  ;D
Run Shimano Tekota 500/500LCs and Avet MXL 5.8's for all my live-bait reels, and Shimano Stradic CI4+ spinning reels . Shimano Curado bait casters for casting.

Newell Nut

Welcome aboard. Looks like you already have some good reel skills.

Dwight

foakes

Welcome aboard, Sir!

Excellent work...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

very nice work.  welcome!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

I'm in Fuquay, neighbor. Where do you fish?

mwardncsu

Quote from: thorhammer on January 10, 2020, 04:39:13 PM

Small world - lived in Fuquay on the west side of town for about 5 years 20+ year ago - very different place now.....

I fish mostly Smith Mountain Lake in VA for striped bass.... though try and get to the Chesapeake Bay for salty striper in the winter and cobia in the summer - and planning a Pamlico trip near Labor Day for old drum / bull reds....

Dominick

It looks like you have already fit in.  Welcome.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

festus

Welcome from East Tennessee, your border state to the west.

Donnyboat

Hi there, great work on that MXL, do your Shimanos, whyle you can still get parts, welcome from Sunny Western Australia, great people on this forum, thanks to Alan, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Hardy Boy

Nice work and welcome !! You just need to dirty up your work space so your pictures don't put most of us to shame ! (except Fred)!!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

thorhammer

Quote from: mwardncsu on January 10, 2020, 06:58:18 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on January 10, 2020, 04:39:13 PM

Small world - lived in Fuquay on the west side of town for about 5 years 20+ year ago - very different place now.....

I fish mostly Smith Mountain Lake in VA for striped bass.... though try and get to the Chesapeake Bay for salty striper in the winter and cobia in the summer - and planning a Pamlico trip near Labor Day for old drum / bull reds....

west side of town is now Holly Springs...I have a place at Kerr; from Hennason to begin with.

mwardncsu

Quote from: Hardy Boy on January 10, 2020, 10:54:20 PM
Nice work and welcome !! You just need to dirty up your work space so your pictures don't put most of us to shame ! (except Fred)!

It's the kitchen table - I'm on borrowed time and good-will as it is  ;D