Shelf for home

Started by thorhammer, January 21, 2020, 02:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Decided reels in totes was no advantage, so I took some scrap from my screen porch I've had for years in lumber rack and built a shelf for the shop. The pecan color was from the porch. I stained everything else the dark walnut color drawing on going to my great-grandmother's house as a kid- the beadboard was all dark walnut and the furniture as well. I still have the dining suite. One of my favorite touches of boat fit-n-finish is a teak-and-holly sole as found in Tiagra and Pursuit's, among others, hence the alternating light-dark-light.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

xjchad

Wow John! What a beautiful display!  Too bad all those reels get in the way  ;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Midway Tommy

Great looking display, John! Something to be proud of.  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Maxed Out

Nice rack John !!   (did I just say that ¿?¿)

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Very nice stash John and nice work!
I see many beautiful knobs, but don't see mine🙂

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gfish

Cool!
I could pull up a chair and spend a couple of hours looking at all those beauties.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

Thanks, gents!

Sal, yours aren't on the shelf- they are sticked! It would be blasphemy to separate the awesome 16/0 knob from the Harnell it matches- and the other is on the Sal special (haven't posted that one yet). It's been fishing :)

It's a Surfmaster narrowed to 100 width with a spool gifted by Sal at dinner ath is house, and later he sent me a gorgeous handle- I had to put it all together and used a set of Alan C. black aluminum bars, -49 seat, and black torque clamp with ole-skool Hi Vis Stren from my stash.

thorhammer

modertaors, please right the pics.

thx.

Greg, took two hours to stock the shelf.

Notable- 99 from The Boss (for sweeping up his garage :); pre-war 66 and 1/0 from Sharkhunter;  LB 60 built Mr. Oakes after he heard that was my first Penn; Penn 700 waiting me to install guts from Harry K; all sorts of stuff from Ted. All kinds of parts from Ohana made this possible.

Once pics are straight, see if you can find the Frankenpenns :)    Hint- you'll have to look closely; no Cortez or Accurate parts on these...

Now I just need to build another five shelves for the rest.

Sharkb8

Nice work John next time make it floor to ceiling you can put more reels in it.

Kim

Alto Mare

Quote from: thorhammer on January 21, 2020, 03:20:53 AM
Thanks, gents!

Sal, yours aren't on the shelf- they are sticked! It would be blasphemy to separate the awesome 16/0 knob from the Harnell it matches- and the other is on the Sal special (haven't posted that one yet). It's been fishing :)

It's a Surfmaster narrowed to 100 width with a spool gifted by Sal at dinner ath is house, and later he sent me a gorgeous handle- I had to put it all together and used a set of Alan C. black aluminum bars, -49 seat, and black torque clamp with ole-skool Hi Vis Stren from my stash.

😂... you have a nice collection John!👍
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brewcrafter

Shelves (and the reels!) are sweet! - john

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

milne

Great display unit John, awesome job.
  I had great intentions, some months back, but that sure does motivate me to start...
Great job.

Col