Mitchell 300 Shims

Started by jgp12000, January 24, 2020, 12:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMikeShop

That looks like the assortment I need.  Please let me know how to proceed.

Mic

foakes

Just email me, Mike —

And we can work out the details today.

I may be gone this morning — need to take our dog "Spud" down to the Vet for the first in a double series of rattlesnake shots.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MrMikeShop

Doctor Fred to the rescue!!!!  Thank you Fred for the shims that fixed my 61 year old Garcia Mitchell 300.  It was hard to rotate even after a  good cleaning and lube.  The rotary head was binding and needed shims.  Thanks to this site and people like you it now  it spins like a top. Could not be happier.   Out fishing with it today, it is great! :)

foakes

Excellent, Sir!

Thank You, for the update.

Hope your fishing is successful today.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Greetings, and welcome, MrMike, from Minnesota.  Always good to hear from another user of old Mitchells.

Frank

peeg

Are these shims that you show for 5 dollars still available?

foakes

Yes, if you need some — just let me know.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

peeg

Quote from: foakes on February 10, 2022, 08:06:43 PM
Yes, if you need some — just let me know.

Best, Fred

yes I do how do I go about getting some do you take paypal?

foakes

Just pm me, and we will do the details —

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

peeg

Quote from: foakes on February 10, 2022, 10:40:15 PM

Best, Fred

Pm sent. I am not to up to speed on this PM thing

peeg

Quote from: foakes on February 10, 2022, 10:40:15 PM

Best, Fred

I don't understand what you want

foakes

I just responded to your PM's (private messaging).

Thanks, Fred

--------

Fred O.