delrin thickness

Started by joe k, February 10, 2020, 12:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe k

what thickness sheets delrin should i purchase from mcmasters for thrust washers for penn spinning reels ss and z series....any input helpful..don't want to purchase something i can't use.. thanks Joe

Alto Mare

Joe, in most of my SS spinners I have .90mm ( .035" )
In most of my Z I have.130mm (.050" )
Since they vary, I would order some thinner size and add them if needed. This  will  make it easy to adjust, give you the correct line lay when fishing.
It is ok to double them or even triple them.
I've only been using the SS spinners lately and the mentioned size above has been working for me.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

joe k

Sal..Hope i didn't jump to fast.. ordered a sheet of 1/32..and 3/64....sound right? Not reel good with the mathematical equations..Joe

Alto Mare

Quote from: joe k on February 10, 2020, 01:19:08 PM
Sal..Hope i didn't jump to fast.. ordered a sheet of 1/32..and 3/64....sound right? Not reel good with the mathematical equations..Joe
Joe, on some of my reels I went really thin to make the line sit perfectly.
Try one first if the line sits to high on the spool, add another.
Are you able to cut those? If not let them send it to me.

I had a bunch and gave out hundreds, but stopped about 3 years ago.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

oc1

Quote from: joe k on February 10, 2020, 01:19:08 PM
Nailed it.  That would be .031" and .047".
-steve

joe k

Sal ..never tried yet ..sent you pm..Joe

Alto Mare

joe k

Sal..Lost for words..You take care of yourself..thanks for handle..Joe

Alto Mare

Send those over Joe, it won't be a problem. I pounch many for others, the filing will need to come from you...if needed.
Most times they don't need any filing.

Sal

Bill B

Hey Joe, those greenies are not worthy and do not belong in a collection of your caliber.....go ahead and send them to me for proper disposal in my collection.....no questions asked...just between you and me  ;).   Seriously.......nice group of spinners brother....I'm sure Sal will be able to punch those washers in short order....the Ohana spirit is well and strong here....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

joe k

Bill ..old pic ... iv'e gotten worse in my penn recovery  issues.. need counseling..can not get rid of my friends..love them..LOL..Joe

Bill B

Joe, Lee (Keta) has put it best:

Step 1, buy reel
Step 2, buy rod for reel
Step 3, buy reel
Step 4, buy rod for reel
Step 5, buy spare rod for reel
Step 6, buy reel for rod without
Step 7, buy rod for the spare reel that has been laying around
Step 8, buy reel
Step 9, buy rod for reel
Step 10, buy spare rod for reel
Step 11, buy reel for rod without reel
Step 12, buy a rod and reel.

;D    Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Nice collection Joe, and I like those old Oil Lamps as well!

Donnyboat

Great collection Joe, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat