Narrow Int. 16S

Started by xjchad, February 17, 2020, 06:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Just finished this reel for Sheridan (Swami805).
Built with a Yo's narrow and topless frame and spool kit.
The narrow spool shaft is a beautiful part as well.
I'm sorry I didn't take any step by step pics.  I've been too busy to do that on the last few builds.
I have other in the queue that I'm itching to get to also and a few of my own builds.

Here's the finished reel.

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Darin Crofton

Sweet, great looking reel, good work Chad!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

steelfish

solid gold

congrats Sheridan.
The Baja Guy

Swami805

Thanks Chad, awesome reel and great job getting it together for me  Can't wait to hang something on it!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

That's a sweet, clean looking sleeper right there- I never really understood the need for a two speed as a mono line-class reel back when these were produced, but what a sweet setup with braid.

Sheridan, what are you spooling with, and what kind of drag can you get without tearing up some bearings?

John

Swami805

Chad was able to get 18 at strike and 24 at full  I'm thinking of using 65lb braid with a short 60lb top shot

steelfish

those sounds like pretty accurate readings on the drag range.

when I had mine (still regret selling it) I didn some configurations on the benevilles and could reach  19# drag on strike and 26.5# drag on full, max.
The Baja Guy

alantani

so, chad, is there a reason that we have not set you up with your own board here?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

xjchad

Quote from: Swami805 on February 18, 2020, 02:10:21 PM
Thanks Chad, awesome reel and great job getting it together for me  Can't wait to hang something on it!

No problem Sheridan!  Glad I could help and can't wait to see what you catch with it!

Quote from: alantani on February 18, 2020, 05:33:36 PM
so, chad, is there a reason that we have not set you up with your own board here?

Hi Alan,
It would definitely be an honor to have my own board here, but to be honest, I don't feel like my skills are on par with the members on this site that have their on boards and many others that don't have boards (Fred, Sal, etc.). 
What do you consider the requirements for your own board?
Thank you for considering me!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

handi2

Now that's cool. A 2 speed professionally built reel.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

redsetta

She's a beauty - great work Chad.
Looking forward to Sheridan's trip reports already!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

well, the purpose would be to promote your business.  the quality of work is certainly there.  um, basically, we all like pictures.  the more the better!!!!!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Sheridan, never heard of those frames, can you shed any info on them?

John

Swami805

They were custom made by Tiburon for Yo's tackle in Gardena ca I believe. One of the all time great tackle shops for So Cal fishing and long range  unfortunately it shut down awhile ago. One of the leading shops for decades.  Still see a ton of his custom rods around
I got it from one of the members on here who was selling them, Petah

milne

Hi Sheridan,  That is a nice wee reel there, you'll get some pleasure from that beauty...

Col