For the Tuna junkies

Started by Lunker Larry, February 22, 2020, 02:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

For the moderators. Didn't know where to put this so move it if necessary. Thanks

Was watching my Saturday morning fishing shows and they had one on fishing Blue Fins off of Prince Edward Island. Thought I'd put a clip up for you.
There are a number of tuna shows from the Fishful Thinking Show that can be accessed from that link. Also Sturgeon on the Fraser River in British Columbia.
I've fished the Fraser. PEI is on the bucket list.
All BIG fish videos to keep the blood flowing. Enjoy.

I'm off to southern Florida tomorrow for 2 months. Yee ha!

Larry
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

54bullseye

We fished with Tony back in 2013 and 2014.  The 2013 trip we went up for 2 days and fished only half of the first day the weather sucked high wind very rough sea not giant waves but 6 or 7 footers every few seconds !!!! Hooked up and my buddy fought fish for 15 minuets then pulled hook. Went in early and second day was worse so headed home. It's about a 14 hour ride from Mass.  Then 2014 four of us went and we each paid for one day of fishing. The first two days were slow we marked fish but no hookups The third day we hooked up in the afternoon and had fish to boat in just over an hour that fish was 102". Then hooked up again and fought a big fish from dusk to well after dark fish got wrapped in Herring net buoy/flyer so that took a while but we finally got fish to boat and it was 112" nice big one !!  then the last day was rough again hooked up three times with only one fish to boat.

It was a great trip we did have two stand up rods but most hookups we fought fish on 130 gear from rod holders !! We are old LOL !!!!!  If you haven't done it you should sign up PEI is a beautiful place !!   John Taylor
  PS we all took turns fighting the fish but that was plenty for all of us LOL !!  We also brought all of our own gear.

Maxed Out

Nice going John. My biggest tuna is 35#

I'm guessing those big bft will seperate the men from the boys
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

54bullseye

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 22, 2020, 09:28:47 PM

Nice going John. My biggest tuna is 35#

I'm guessing those big bft will seperate the men from the boys

I have fought and caught a few from a chair and from the rod holder but I don't think I have a stand up battle in me LOL !!!!!  I think Randy has gotten a few with stand up gear up in PEI.  Imagine the canned tuna you could put up !! John Taylor

Alto Mare

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

My biggest tuna was 55lbs.  I did have one on for more than 45 minutes and never saw it.  The line broke at the hook.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.