349 Mariner screws

Started by mhc, February 23, 2020, 12:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Hey Wayne is that the rooster fish that chewed you hand?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

😯 wow .  Let's take a vote?   Which one seems fansier?  New reel screws or peskies new shirt 👔?
   I,m 🤔 thinking it's a tie. ;)
Good job mr donnieboat too.    Nice.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on February 23, 2020, 07:02:53 PM
Hey Wayne is that the rooster fish that chewed you hand?  Dominick

Yes Sir!  IT was this very Roosterfish that I decided, and I must say WITHOUT knowing, to stick my hand into its gill plates to hold the fish steady for this great photo taken by YOU!!!!!

After a nasty back of hand infection, lasting for 2 1/2 weeks, the swelling, redness, scabbing & infection eventually went away.

Quote from: gstours on February 23, 2020, 09:51:59 PM
😯 wow .  Let's take a vote?   Which one seems fansier?  New reel screws or peskies new shirt 👔?
   I,m 🤔 thinking it's a tie. ;)
Good job mr donnieboat too.    Nice.

And to you Mr. BUTT-man, Pesky???  that will be EL PESKY - a - dor to you Sir!!!!!   Still snowing in Gustavus tonight???

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Thanks Gary, I love the look of Waynes reel, looking forward to the pics when he changes the screws, Dominic, sounds like the truth is coming out about Waynes fishing plaese tell us more, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

Wayne,
could you place this on the 349 post for me, this info, could be handy for some of the members, anyone out of Australia, will have to contact Cratex, for a distributor nearest to them, if the members look @ there web site, they explain their bright boys by colour code, as I say they also have smaller ones to fit into a Dremel but don't place to much pressure on them, or the shaft may turn in them internally, keep well, cheers Don.

Sent: Tuesday, 10 March 2020 10:43 PM
To: Don Walton <pat.don1230@bigpond.com>
Subject: RE: bright boys

I will not be able to supply that information, but you can also order from MSC Industrial Supply, they are nationwide.

Warm Regards,
Lindsey Estrada
Sales / Data Processor / Customer Service
customerservice@cratex.com 

CRATEX MANUFACTURING CO., INC.
Phone (760) 942-2877
Fax (760) 942-4513

www.cratex.com
sales@cratex.com 
Follow us on Instagram & Facebook!
https://www.instagram.com/cratexsandiego/
https://www.facebook.com/CratexAbrasive

Sent: Monday, March 9, 2020 5:21 PM
To: customerservice <customerservice@cratex.com>

Thank you Lindsay, could you please send me a copy of your distributors' worldwide, and I will place it on the world wide forum I am on, yours Truly Don Walton.

Sent: Monday, 9 March 2020 10:53 PM
To: Don Walton <pat.don1230@bigpond.com>; Sales Cratex <sales@cratex.com>

We have some distributors in Australia the sell our products.
Here are some contacts for you below.

Sumabrite Products: +61 3 9543-5455
Henchman Products :  +61 2 4954-7111

Please let me know if I can be any further assistance, thank you.

Warm Regards,
Lindsey Estrada
Sales / Data Processor / Customer Service
customerservice@cratex.com 

CRATEX MANUFACTURING CO., INC.
Phone (760) 942-2877
Fax (760) 942-4513

www.cratex.com
sales@cratex.com 
Follow us on Instagram & Facebook!
https://www.instagram.com/cratexsandiego/
https://www.facebook.com/CratexAbrasive

Sent: Friday, March 6, 2020 7:09 PM
To: Sales Cratex <sales@cratex.com>
Subject: bright boys

Hi Don Walton here from Western Australia, I am on a worldwide fishing forum, I see a possibility that many members, could have a use for your bright boys, but postage cost would be, of influence. I first brought a Bright boy about 40 Years ago, for reshaping & repairing, shearing combs here in Australia, the bright boys were about 8mm thick them days, & were a brown colour, Could you give me your postal address, & I will pass it onto the members, yours Truly
Don Walton.

Tiddlerbasher

Don are you talking about this kind of thing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-30x-Rubber-Sesame-Grinding-Head-Polishing-Burr-Bit-Cylinder-Derusting-3-12mm/143447679782?hash=item216625e326:m:m6CHuBt-GNf2kuDfZhCc2YA

I bought some of these years ago, still going strong. I like to use them for 'jeweling' metal plates - like this:

El Pescador

Tiddlerbasher!!!!

WOW!!!   Your 349 needs an acrylic Right side plate to show off your very handy work!!!

Nice job Buddy Boy!!!!

Wayne

Donnyboat

Thanks Wayne for posting the details, of Cratex, some of the members should be able to follow that up, Chris, that looks impressive nice work, were did you buy your bright boy compound from, more detail, could be handy to members in your part of the world, thanks for posting that, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Sorry Chris, I just looked at the web site you posted, explains it all, thanks, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Tiddlerbasher

Don, any body, the actual set I purchased was this one (might have been a different seller :-\) - They all come from the PRC originally.

Petah

Here's what I've been using and yes you have to do a little customizing with a drill and file on the flat screws but not
on the button top screws. I use the button top on sideplates like the 500S left plates. They're from McMaster/Carr.

Peter