Avet 80 TRX specs

Started by Noahg727, March 21, 2020, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noahg727

I recently won an avet TRX 80 (not wide) in a raffle. The reel is discontinued and I can't find the specs anywhere. I haven't actually received the reel yet, but I'm curious if anyone has one/knows specifically what it's line cap rating is? I searched the intended and found nothing.

Thanks Noah

alantani

i remember some crazy specs like 100 pounds of drag.  mostly it would be loaded with 200 pound braid.  not sure how much.  then a 2, 3 or 400 pound fluoro topshot, typically 25 to 50 yards.  you've got a real giant killer!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

akfish

Good kite reel. It holds 1000 yards of 200# JB spectra plus a top shot. It was listed as having 80# drag at strike and 100# at full. I'm just not manly enough for something like that.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Alto Mare

Good winch for a pickup truck on the beach for some Sharking...

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Noahg727

Thanks guys...

I want to load it with 200# Hollow, but was seeing if I could use Momoi Diamond hollow instead of JB. Momoi is half the price, but .2mm thicker...so I don't think I could fill it and have a decent top shot of 200# mono. (Looking for like a 100 yard top shot)

Side note-anyone got a trolling rod they wanna part with? Was looking for an all roller rod, aluminum reel seat, aluminum gimbal, 80+ rated, strait butt rod. If not, any suggestions?

alantani

at this level, i typically recommend hollow, not solid.  make sure you are comparing the prices of hollow to hollow, not solid to hollow.  solid can be half the price. 

alantani

i took a look.  wow, it really is cheap!!!!!!!

Noahg727

I know! Very cheap. A friend of mine uses it. Breaking strength is good, very durable and rarely chafes. Not too smooth and sorta waxy..The thickness is where it really loses me though. Gunna have to stick with JB 🤷‍♂️.