9' Revalation Ultralight

Started by Rivverrat, April 03, 2020, 02:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Revalation REVS9OL-2SB 9' ultralight, 4-10 line.
Lite weight, very thin walled blank. Works well enough. Made to a price point it does fill a void for some allowing them to build a rod on a budget.

Fella I'm building this for gave me 3 or 4 colors saying he also wanted a Quick Microlite... Jeff

Rivverrat

Another...

Benni3

Rivverrat

Rivverrat

I couldnt stand the factory finish on this blank.

Rivverrat

Which would you want on a custom rod you paid good money for ?

Both peices of this 2 pc. blank. Top has factory finish the bottom I stripped & refinished... Jeff

Donnyboat

Great work Jeff, certainly made a big difference ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

philaroman

if affordable stuff is too attractive, it's harder to sell expensive stuff :)

sweet handle -- would that be a TN/MI hybrid ?

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

bhale1

Wow!!!...Now that is "classy"... I'm sure whomever that is going to will love it. The inlays and photo are awesome, almost too nice to fish, but I hope they use the heck out of it. I would. Great job.
Brett

oc1

That is what's under those blanks?  You can just sand the black part away and clear coat?  Thank you Jeff, it is really nice.
-steve

Rivverrat

Quote from: oc1 on April 03, 2020, 05:11:51 AM
You can just sand the black part away and clear coat?  Thank you Jeff, it is really nice.
-steve

Hey guys  thanks for the replies. Especially you Tommy having seen your work on the ultralight rods you built.

Steve, being honest here, I found this out by mistake myself. Dont ever think I've got a handle on this rod building stuff.  I pretty much went after it running dumb, stumbling & fumbling along the way.

Reccomend starting with 400 grit wet /dry. If you dont have a power lathe a heavier grit could work. Might work better any ways. Regardless 400 grit is a safe place for some to start...Jeff

Rivverrat

Quote from: philaroman on April 03, 2020, 04:07:08 AM
if affordable stuff is too attractive, it's harder to sell expensive stuff :)

sweet handle -- would that be a TN/MI hybrid ?

You know the sobering thing is their is truth in your point about affordable stuff that looks to nice causing an issue. Some reel manufactures use this to their advantage.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Great skills, craftsmanship, and thinking this out, Jeff --

Impressive!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.