Handle grip du jour

Started by Hamachi, April 03, 2020, 10:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi

Started out trying to adapt a larger football grip off a fathom 40ld2 onto a fathom 25ld2, which by the way is a direct replacement item. Way better reeling in those stubborn bluefin the last couple of years.

Next I adapted the grip to my daiwa Lexa, bearings included, but would have been better off leaving them out I believe.

Now all of my Newells have this knob, easy to do, just have to drill them out and size the length appropriately.

Nothing is safe, already did over a dozen different reels. Thinking about adapting my toilet flush lever next, maybe my turn signals or wiper blade knobs. Going stir crazy!
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

xjchad

Very nice! Looks like it was made that way  8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Darin Crofton

Love it, those look awesome!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hamachi

Thanks for the replies guys, for those of you who would want offset handles, we have those too!

joel8080

Hamachi
I have a couple of rubber grips from a fathom 40 & 25 if you want them send me a pm and I will send them to you

joel8080
Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

A nice upgrade, good job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Hamachi

Just a simple, practical modification for us mere mortals, compared to all the great talent you guys share with us. Sal, Joel, Darin, Bryan, Chad, Maxed, who did I leave out, thanks for all that you do.

Darin Crofton

I noticed it's the same knob as from the 113n, I have one and like it a lot. I saw on Mystic you can order just the knob for 9$, pretty cool!

Hamachi

Don't forget the handle cap $3.70 and two screws 1.15 ea. This is after recent 15% increase in mystics prices.

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Hamachi on April 04, 2020, 02:21:25 AM
  Don't forget the handle cap $3.70 and two screws 1.15 ea. This is after recent 15% increase in mystics prices. Also information only: Penn discontinued the 24-56 handle for those of you that didn't know yet.
Thank you!