Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: mhc on June 03, 2021, 12:44:24 PM
trond_solem was doing a bit of CAD work with Penn frames back in 2015 and toying with getting someone to make them at a reasonable cost. He started talking 113H and Ted suggested the LB 60 would have no competition and possibly strong demand due to the number of 60's out there https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12633.0 There was also talk of drilling holes to suit the 2/0 plates as well - no one mentioned using it for the 85 or delmar though?  :)
Trond hasn't been active here since 2016 - I assume he didn't find a 'reasonable' priced manufacturer.

Mike

We may have lost Trond as there is Zero activity from him here since  December 20016 and None on his website for over 6 years.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Since the 60 and 2/0 (and also the 85, etc.) use the same spools, I would guess that one kit would work for both models.  The hole patterns are different, but it probably wouldn't be a problem to drill all of the holes to fit both.

These reels never caught on here on the left coast but if we can get 35 people who are willing to buy one I would be happy to have them made.

Thank you,

Randy

thorhammer

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Wompus Cat

I don't even know what reel this is gonna fit but I will take a couple or more if the price is right.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Wompus Cat on June 03, 2021, 03:02:59 PM
I don't even know what reel this is gonna fit but I will take a couple or more if the price is right.

This kit would fit the 60, 85, 111 2/0 Senator, 112 (black) 3/0 Senator, and a few others.

My best guess is the price would be in the $155-160 range.

Wompus Cat

Well ain;t the 185 /285 Delmar same size and plate patterns ???
Then what about sideplates ?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Yes they are.  Tiburon does not make side plates.  Cortez Conversions might make them if there is enough demand.

Wompus Cat

We are talking a one piece frame Right ?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Wompus Cat on June 03, 2021, 04:02:22 PM
We are talking a one piece frame Right ?

That is correct, a one piece topless aluminum frame.

Swami805

I have a 2/0 accurate frame if you wanted to use it for A template or something
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

160 for frame alone? Randy I think I'm with you on the drag part then...that makes a 200 dollar reel not as good as a 150 dollar progear by a mile

Decker

Quote from: Swami805 on June 03, 2021, 05:28:24 PM
I have a 2/0 accurate frame if you wanted to use it for A template or something

Wow, I didn't know a 2/0 frame existed.  I'd love to find one.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: thorhammer on June 03, 2021, 05:29:34 PM
160 for frame alone? Randy I think I'm with you on the drag part then...that makes a 200 dollar reel not as good as a 150 dollar progear by a mile

No John, that's for the complete kit (frame, spool and rod clamp kit).  I would assume that it would be narrower than the stock 60-2/0.

Decker

Narrower sounds interesting, but I think there would be more demand for a standard-width frame.  Either way, I'd buy one.