Never Before Seen (Until Now) Penn Prototype!

Started by Spyderman, April 10, 2020, 03:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

nelz

Quote from: Spyderman on April 10, 2020, 10:28:05 PMNo, sorry, I can't open the reel to reveal the innards.  In retaliation for having taken the liberty of snatching two of her pot lids, my wife took all of my Phillips screwdrivers and ground the tips off of them.  ::)

Wow, that lady's petty handy with tools.  ;D

Rivverrat

Oh my gosh the spool is pot lids. They are so shiny with rounded edges I was like why would some one spend the time turning a spool like that that fits no other reel including the one its on... Jeff

Spyderman

Spyderman

Quote from: nelz on April 10, 2020, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: Spyderman on April 10, 2020, 10:28:05 PMNo, sorry, I can't open the reel to reveal the innards.  In retaliation for having taken the liberty of snatching two of her pot lids, my wife took all of my Phillips screwdrivers and ground the tips off of them.  ::)

Wow, that lady's petty handy with tools.  ;D

She's a force to be reckoned with.  ;)

Spyderman

Quote from: Rivverrat on April 10, 2020, 10:33:08 PM
Oh my gosh the spool is pot lids. They are so shiny with rounded edges I was like why would some one spend the time turning a spool like that that fits no other reel including the one its on... Jeff

Welcome to the party Jeff.  ;D

Gfish

Alright dude! You're keepin yourself busy, keepin up your sense of humor, and keepin us entertained. Good one!

You just gotta take that widget out on some kinda rod and see what reactions you get from other fishermen and people in general.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

oc1

You have some exceptional skills.  It's not a reel, but a sculpture.
-steve

scrinch

Maxed Out

You can buy one already built

Just google "fishing reel toilet paper holder"  ;D  ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Robert Janssen

Love it! Great job!
I used to have a giant Everol of similar caliber, maybe from the same vault! Yours shows much better craftsmanship though.

Caranx

How long did it take? That's some craftsmanship there! I think you could have made the spool out of wood too. 👍🏼👍🏼

Spyderman

Quote from: Gfish on April 11, 2020, 01:35:17 AM
Alright dude! You're keepin yourself busy, keepin up your sense of humor, and keepin us entertained. Good one!

You just gotta take that widget out on some kinda rod and see what reactions you get from other fishermen and people in general.

Couple those with my Heddon 'Zara Spook' giant fishing lure (which I have listed for sale in our Tackle section  ;)) and I think I'd be getting a lot of attention.  ;D

Spyderman

Quote from: oc1 on April 11, 2020, 03:42:43 AM
You have some exceptional skills.  It's not a reel, but a sculpture.
-steve

Precisely, thanks Steve!