Penn International 80W

Started by RollerGuide, March 31, 2009, 09:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollerGuide

Hi Alan
RollerGuide from THT :) Great to see you having your own space but i'm sure it's a lot of work keeping track of these things... And i'm sorry to be adding upto the hassle...
I'll be buying an 80W pretty soon...would be my biggest reel next to the senator 12/0 and also my first level drag...
The reel has seen a bit of fishing and i want to take it apart and get it back into shape..
I've been reading a bit on wet drags and carbon fibre ones etc...
what should i be doing to the 80W when i do get it other than the usual taking it apart to clean and re-grease???
new drags might be in order...so in that case which washers to go for...
I've searched THT and their isn't seem to be a 80W rebuild tutorial so my only savior is the schematic i got off mysticparts.com
appreciate any input
cheers
Roller

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

alantani

the rebuild posts for the smaller internationals should get you through just fine.  i just worked on a pair of 80's and they were actually easier.  more elbow room.  please keep me posted.  hey!  take some pictures if you have time.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RollerGuide

thanks alan :)
will document the process when i do get my hands on the reel :)

you thinks things like drags will be available for these older models? mysticparts doesn't seem to have em and also smoothdrag... bit worried on parts front

alantani

hmmm....  for some reason i can't log in to mysticparts.com, but i'm certain they have drag washers for this reel.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!