shimanoTTS framescrew substitute

Started by Navidad Nutcase, April 21, 2020, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

Good day to all. I need  5 frame screws for my TT 50 lever drag. I was wondering if anyone has found a substitute as these screws are no longer available. Perhaps someone has tried the screws from a Tiagra50 or 80? or a TLD 50/80? These are available on eBay.  length of course is no issue, I have a file. :)  they are a 3mm fine thread screw.
Thanks,
Greg
Stay healthy  -  stay AWAY !
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

alantani

they should be a 3mm x 0.5.  found a bunch on ebay.  it's just a matter of the type of head and the length.  if you have a part number, i could take a look. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=stainless+steel+machine+screw+3mm+x+0.5&_sacat=0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Navidad Nutcase

thanks Alan.
I had just finished a search on ebay under the subheading ''reel parts & repair '' shimano parts by part number,  before posting my question here with no luck on part# TT024  for the top 2 screws ( harness lug and crossbar screw) and also TT025 - the shorter frame screws - for the rest of the frame. Nada.
    However, I searched again after reading your reply and found JDLTREASURES had 5 AND they come with those pesky little washers that go under the head ( although I've assembles without and put a micro dot of superglue under the screw head - works great ). I ordered all 5. I can grind them off if I ever need a short one. Just goes to show to never stop looking.
    Just because it costs the same for shipping, I ordered a couple of different frame screws that were available (from JDL)  for the Shimano tiagra 50 as well. I will report back that yes they will fit an old Shimano TTS, or no and why not.
Stay healthy ...
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

alantani

i have TT 24A and TT 25A.  not sure if they are the same or not.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Navidad Nutcase

I will keep that in mind if the ones I ordered are not correct. My schematic lists them as 24 & 25, no A but that doesn't always mean anything...
On a funny note,  I definitely don't visit this site often enough. I am usually logged in "forever" but today when I opened this page I couldn't for the life of me see where to ''reply'' to your post. I had no trouble yesterday. It took me a full 5 minutes before I looked in the upper left corner and saw my login info was blank ! I had no difficulty what so ever after loggin in.
That lesson should stick for, oh say.... maybe a day.
Stay safe everyone,
Greg