Stress Free Adventures

Started by Newell Nut, April 26, 2020, 06:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Due to the lock down states vary with the rules. In Florida fishing is essential but this time of the year weather is always an issue waiting for calm seas. We have enjoyed catching Kings and spanish, lane snappers and triggers. We have a cobia and we have caught far too many big red snappers. Last week I only took 2 pics but caught a dozen of the big reds and many were double the size of the ones pictured. Still no season for them in the Atlantic.

Alto Mare

Looking good captain!... good job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

I hate you !!   ;D ;D

dang, looks like great way to spend the day, nice fish, nice boat and safe away from the people

The Baja Guy

Swami805

That looks like some fun fishing, perfect size for sport and eating,nice way to spend the time.
What kind of handle is on your Newell?  Shimano maybe?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Donnyboat

Nice pics captain, thanks for showing us, I went out from the West coast of Australia yesterday, almost to South Africa, could`nt get a nibble all day, then just on time to head home, I hooked a shark had him up to the boat several times, before he decided he needed the hook more than I, & away he went, you get them days, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Newell Nut

Thanks guys. We need to take more time for pics and I really need to show how the dummy rod that hangs off the bow flexes with a large fish. Sal's 9/0 with Tom's frame and Alan's handle has fought some whoppers. The battle is always short on that rod.

Looks like Friday may be the next day we get out. Just watching the forecast for now. Will add more pics after the next trip.

Dwight

Ron Jones

That's the biggest snapper I've ever seen with its eyes in its head!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Newell Nut

Those were the first two red snappers and we put the camera away. Caught some double that size at a different spot.

Dwight

Cor

Quote from: Donnyboat on April 27, 2020, 01:48:16 AM
Nice pics captain, thanks for showing us, I went out from the West coast of Australia yesterday, almost to South Africa, could`nt get a nibble all day, then just on time to head home, I hooked a shark had him up to the boat several times, before he decided he needed the hook more than I, & away he went, you get them days, cheers Don.
If you kept your distance and wore your mask, you could have come over for a beer!
Cornelis

Newell Nut

Started on a very pretty morning out of Ponce Inlet. Larry and I went to some of our favorite spots but the fish just were not showing well. I got my thumb burned on my 338 by a huge king Mackerel and before I could get it close enough to see how big it was he threw the hook. Got a keeper on another spot and got a couple really big sharks on Sal's 9/0 that hangs off the bow. It got a couple red snappers too. I got a very large one on my Newell 636 and Hercules 50-100 rod on a live bait. Larry got a couple trigger fish and got his flat line bit off a couple times.
Not a great catch but a nice day to be out.

Alto Mare

Dwight, every one of your trip have great catches!
Does that 636 ha be an aluminum kit or is it stock?
I can't believe how light these reels are for their size.
Nice going buddy...and Larry as well,
How come he's never in the pics?🙂
That last photo belongs on a magazine...  very nice👍
Thanks for keeping us entertained.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Sal,
The only aluminum frame you can get for a 600 series is the 646. I had sent a 631 to Tiburon to measure and had a deal working and at the last minute he upped the minimum order to 40 frames and I could not invest in that. All of my 600s are stock and very strong with seven stack drags. The factory 5 stack is plenty when upgraded to CFs.

Would be nice if Tom could make us some.

Dwight

Bryan Young

That looks delicious Dwight.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D