The Rockfish Ninja's Covid Shelter in place Urban Fishing Adventure

Started by the rockfish ninja, May 08, 2020, 02:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

I'm doing this for Alan, who not only is a reel superhero but a good friend, and for all of you who can't get out to enjoy the pristine outdoors, the beautiful surroundings, and engage in our angling passion.

So I set out on my journey to the fishing grounds, thru a sparsely inhabited area...

... past a heavily guarded landmark...

... the commercial guys are drying out their crab pots before storing them  (Peeeuuuww) but at least I have some company...

....the water looks  .......... interesting. :o

... but the bite was WIDE OPEN, hot & heavy, fast & furious, those beasts where tearing into my presentation like starving Dingos... all 1/4 pounds of them.... real drag burners... ;D

... had to dodge the po po so they wouldn't arrest me for coming out of the house...

.... back to business, changed up with a bobber & Sabiki for some exciting topwater action, targeting Jack Smelt & Anchovies for future trip, yea Lincod candy ..

... and even though this angling glory hole doubles as a homeless encampment....

... in some ways it's postcard perfect.

-A gazillion Perch (released)
-2 Jacksmelt (bait)
-handful of anchovy (bait)

Gear-(cause Dom always has to know)
Team Lews reel
St Croix Mojo inshore light action
Sufix 832 braid
little chunks of shrimp
crappie grubs motor oil
Sabiki

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

the rockfish ninja

Swami805

Nicely done, in true ninja fashion. Those shiner perch might make good lingcod bait too
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Never seen it ghost townish lookin like that!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Thanks for the report and account, Tony --

Looking forward to getting out to do some fishing also.

Maybe by the first of June -- unless I walk a quarter of a mile down to a couple of the ponds at Meadow Lakes just to try my luck.

Wishon opened up last week.  May have to drag the boat up there for a little fishing and maybe spend a couple of nights

Up here in the Sierras, we don't see the stark social changes as much as our members who live in cities or more Metro/Urban areas.

We see the empty streets and businesses when we head down into Fresno every couple of weeks.

How is the music going?

Any new works we should know about?

We really have some talented folks on Alan's site.  When it comes to music, Tony is one of the best.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: foakes on May 08, 2020, 11:23:28 AM
Thanks for the report and account, Tony --

How is the music going?

Any new works we should know about?

We really have some talented folks on Alan's site.  When it comes to music, Tony is one of the best.

Best, Fred

Wow Fred, thanks for the props! ........ although I thought you were going to compliment my angling prowess ;D.

Still at it and have put out a lot more since, I just don't post it here because it's so unrelated to fishing and I don't want to clutter the Ohana section with my songwriting.

Here's a link to my Soundcloud, if you want to keep up with my musical madness, everything from EDM to Jazz to ??

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting

Stay safe/be well

Tiddlerbasher

Brewcrafter

El Pescador

Rockfish!

Great to hear from you!!!!

SF RECON Fishing - LUV IT!!!!!

If you are in the San Mateo area, I have tuna, halibut & Salmon in the freezer if you wish to enjoy some for a dinner.

The wine is on YOU ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

the rockfish ninja

Bumping this thread so at least folks can see it before it burned down.

........  :'(

Dominick

Quote from: the rockfish ninja on May 24, 2020, 11:52:18 AM
Bumping this thread so at least folks can see it before it burned down.

........  :'(

Tony, did you mean to post some pictures???  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

Gfish

Pier 45(I think) had a big warehouse that burned up yesterday.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!