Quali Advanz Big Water 2-Speed Reel Question

Started by Keta, December 06, 2011, 04:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Someone on Ifish was asking about Quali reels, the Advanz Big Water 2-Speed in particular.  Does any one have experience with them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

funny you ask.  i had a chat with the qualia guys at both the fred hall show and the OCEAN show up your way.  my understanding is that they looking at using greased carbon fiber drag washers, open spool bearings and non-spool bearings that are packed with grease.  i don't know if that conversation ever went anywhere, but the guys seemed really nice and genuinely concerned about his reels.  

here they are at the fred hall show in 2011.

and this is from earlier this year at the ocean show.  http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=353249

like the okuma reels from 5 years ago, the concern i've always had was not so much the design, but the way they were put together.  dry spots in a fishing reel have a way of attracting salt.  that's always been problem number one!  elininate that problem in even these types of reels and it should work just fine!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Keta on December 06, 2011, 04:53:37 AM
Someone on Ifish was asking about Quali reels, the Advanz Big Water 2-Speed in particular.  Does any one have experience with them.
Hi Keta,

the Quali reels are the same OMOTO Poseidon and Ulises Zorro. There are some issues in the business deal between OMOTO and Quali. If you want more in details, you can call me at 561-568-3980.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on December 06, 2011, 12:09:38 PM
Quote from: Keta on December 06, 2011, 04:53:37 AM
Hi Keta,

the Quali reels are the same OMOTO Poseidon and Ulises Zorro. There are some issues in the business deal between OMOTO and Quali. If you want more in details, you can call me at 561-568-3980.
I could have sworn that this was written somewhere in iFish as well regarding the business relationship.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I must have missed it Bryan and the person asking the question is stuck in Afghanistan.

BPFT, thanks.  Hopefully the problems will be resolved.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Black Pearl

Sometimes that's the best thing to do.