its Mario time !!

Started by steelfish, May 12, 2020, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

what can I say, sometimes too much time in our hands made us do this kind of things.

Restored this Premier composite rod 25-50 between customers rods and reel to clear-up my mind with Super Mario bros Game themed just for kicks, it was planned as something to have fun while building it without worring it on quality or the brand of the blank and specs, etc.

wanted to build something different and colorful for my kids to useinstead of my seeker and phenix rods  when I take them fishing LOL.
so, put lots of stickers and different color combination on some guides

the rod was 6.6ft but I cut 5" from the tip and 6" from the butt, so I made my own short "panga rod", the fishing rod is now around 5.8" and the reelseat is closer to the body, perfect for a kid.

now with the close-up pics I noticed some details that I could have fix but ooh well, after the 1st use those details will be un-noticiable.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

few more 
The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

Fun project and it looks good !! I will have to get you to do a Pacifico themed rod for me one day !!!!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

last ones

it actually started because I took that rod that was really beat up on the guides but the grips and the blank were in good shape, so I sanded the grips to make some textures and installed the Shrink tube, since it ended looking really nice I decided to build the rod.
The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

:)   I like the theame , nice color selection .   Question how fast did you spin that rod , the guides look all catawampus !!! ::)
  Just kidding ,  It`s a sharp looking rod well done .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on May 12, 2020, 09:29:06 PM
Fun project and it looks good !! I will have to get you to do a Pacifico themed rod for me one day !!!!
Cheers:
Todd

that would look cool, pun intended  ;D

Quote from: oldmanjoe on May 12, 2020, 10:06:20 PM
:)   I like the theame , nice color selection .   Question how fast did you spin that rod , the guides look all catawampus !!! ::)

you got me there buddy LOL
The Baja Guy

Swami805

Looks nice Alex, Kids should love it!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Donnyboat

Your a master at this stuff Alex, thanks for showing us, stay safe, keep well, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Midway Tommy

Well done, Alex! I'm not one for decals but I sure do like that one!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

That guy Mario used to cause me a lot of grief.  I get a little anxious just looking at the rod :)
-s

Sharkb8

Nice colourful rod I like how the eyes are bound in different colours, your kid's will love it.

Kim

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

Great job Alex, just let your imagination flow and make your own niche in the market. Looks good and very unique. I have a shark tooth drying now and need two more coats on it.

Dwight

steelfish

Quote from: oc1 on May 13, 2020, 05:38:58 AM
That guy Mario used to cause me a lot of grief.  I get a little anxious just looking at the rod :)
-s

LOL, Im old enough to be on the time when Nintendo cameup with the game and was still young enough to spent tons of days and nights playing the original versions of this game, now my kids play the new 3d version and play with them from time to time.

Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 13, 2020, 02:08:54 AM
Well done, Alex! I'm not one for decals but I sure do like that one!
thanks Tommy, it looked pretty cool without the decals but I have them already printed and my kids wanted them installed

Quote from: Swami805 on May 13, 2020, 12:03:34 AM
Looks nice Alex, Kids should love it!
you can bet on that Sheridan, now they give me a list of the next 34 rods with their favorite game characters LOL, of course I wont be building 34 rods.... maybe 28  ::) ::)

Quote from: Donnyboat on May 13, 2020, 01:51:22 AM
Your a master at this stuff Alex, thanks for showing us, stay safe, keep well, cheers Don.
thanks buddy, Im all against traditional rod wrapping LOL, way too much time consuming and "kind of" expensive to just wrap it black or blue with gold accents, but to each his own

Quote from: Sharkb8 on May 13, 2020, 11:37:12 AM
Nice colourful rod I like how the eyes are bound in different colours, your kid's will love it.
Kim
each guide with different color was last minute call while wrapping it but ended looking nice.

Quote from: Dominick on May 13, 2020, 02:15:31 PM
Nice Alex.  Dominick

thanks compadre

Quote from: Keta on May 13, 2020, 02:41:35 PM
Nice!

Gracias Lee

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 13, 2020, 02:46:51 PM
Great job Alex, just let your imagination flow and make your own niche in the market. Looks good and very unique. I have a shark tooth drying now and need two more coats on it.
Dwight

I found rod building as 30% the chance for make me a new fishing rod for my needs and 70% as the opportunity to build something that I like to use and show part of my personality on them.
The Baja Guy