If anyone wants out, now's the time!

Started by Balvar24, May 20, 2020, 10:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balvar24

Gee whiz.  Have you seen the prices that the 110's and Microlites (not to mention any other vintage Ultralight) are bringing on the big Auction site?

If you've got one to sell, now's the time apparently.

I thought I'd luck up and find a 1000 series at a reasonable cost, but no such luck I suppose.

Crow

Lots of folks are stuck at home, with plenty 'o time to browse.....AND a stimulus check !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

I have a couple, top left two rows. 1001 is NIB never used & the other 3 are EX+. Make me an offer I can't refuse.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Balvar24

I'm looking for something closer to "Free to a good home!"

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Balvar24 on May 20, 2020, 11:10:30 PM
I'm looking for something closer to "Free to a good home!" "110's and Microlites (not to mention any other vintage Ultralight) are bringing on the big Auction site? thought I'd luck up and find a 1000 series at a reasonable cost, but no such luck I suppose"

Good luck with that on one of those little sought after gems. Almost all older quality worm gear driven ULs, including Japanese made examples, have for a long time brought hefty prices unless one happened to get lucky. Your best bet for a reasonably priced one will be at a yard or garage sale once things open back up again. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Balvar24

Nice reels by the way.  I'll stick with my 110's and Microlites for a while longer, I suppose.  I should have enough for me an the kids.  Right now the 8 year old is using a Mitchell 308.  If he's nice, I may let him step up to a DAM. ;D

DougK

ah, so you're the one has been bidding up the 1001s to unreasonable levels.. or wait, was that me ?
;-)

Not sure I'm ever going to muster the nerve to pay what these go for.. glad I have a 110 and 220 to fish, at least..

Balvar24

I haven't.  One went for $63 yesterday, I noticed.