Just yesterday.

Started by gstours, May 28, 2020, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I got a chance to take my neighbor Ken yesterday out for a day of halibut fishing.  We jigged with a herring pc for quite a while until the tides movement forced us to get quite shallow.
  After moving to another spot in fairly deep water the tide diminished to an anchor up persuasion so we put on big baits and 2 pounds of lead and waited having a nice lunch.   Pretty soon the fish showed up.
  Kens was a hundred pounds and very fun,  mine was 2 inches shorter but worth the wait.
Wish you were there.  Butt lunchtime is over 😺

Crow

Nice way to spend the day !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Beautiful fish Gary

Fishing on the hook is a whole different ball game !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

gstours

Thanks, yes n, the weather , n tides, n , current direction,  velocity on top of water is a funny thing,  sometimes the water moves the bait forwards are anchor and the boat 🚣‍♀️ has predicted flow away.
   It's always fun to see what you can do?   Every day is different.
Butt the red cooler tells the story,   Pretty much.   Wish you were there.🎣

Benni3

That a boy,,,,,,, :D keep getting them,,,,, ;) one day I would love to get a floor mat like that,,,,,, ;D

David Hall

very nice work Gary, I love watching you and Ken Play hard out there in your big back yard, just curious, how long does it take you to get to that fishing hole from your house?

gstours

Thanks Dave for the question,  its no secret i,m about 10 miles from where the boat is moored by paved road (wasnt always paved, really :'()
     Then 2-3 miles boat ride on the inside waters.  Generally the land is never more than 1/2 mile away so its fairly safe boating.
  I,m spoiled yes, and enjoying every trip like it could be my last.    :)
        I got some video of these fish butt left camera on the Maiko,  sure was fun. :)

El Pescador

Quote from: David Hall on May 29, 2020, 02:06:32 PM
... just curious, how long does it take you to get to that fishing hole from your house?

David,

I can confirm it takes Dominick longer to finish his cup of coffee than the time to drive to the launch ramp, board the USS Maiko, a short drive to the honey hole and drop baits.

REELY!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

gstours

Thanks Wayne,  I spoiled you too. :-\.   Reely  ;D.  Wish we could go tomorrow.   Butt stranger things have happened!   Enjoy your summer the best way possible.   I'll check in with everyone later.🎣

Tiddlerbasher

Keep on keeping on Gary - wish I was there :(

Newell Nut

Now that is some good eating there and fun as heck to catch. I miss those summer trips to Alaska but living the Florida dream now that I have a boat. Good job and keep sending the cool pics.

Dwight

Neilman

Congrats, Gary!  It was an honor to meet you a few yrs back at the at.com 10th anniv trip in hmb.  Wish those pacific butts would make it down here.  Can't complain too much since the cali butts have been plentiful the past few yrs.  My wife's uncle/aunt just retired & bought property up in Oregon.  Brings us that much closer to WA! 

- Neil

Donnyboat

Good report Gary & Ken, thanks for taking us along, & may you get many more, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

reelrepair123

all i can say gary , is,  your amazing, you are the best.    harryk

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan