Walleye fishing Lake Erie is on FIRE!

Started by Christopher M Songer, June 04, 2020, 10:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Best fishing in my lifetime. Dock in Vermilion Oh. Marked fish, there were stacked! Set up and trolled West to East for just under 2 hrs. 4 man limit of 24 walleye!
Always go forward, never go straight

mo65

Great fishin' guys! Headed up to Erie today for some Sandusky Bay catfishin' tomorrow...but I'll be dining on walleye/perch tonight. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gobi King

Nice,
I had OH fishing lic last year, did not buy my OH lic this year due to COVID,

See if the tribe wants to make the trip to OH, Thanks for sharing!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

El Pescador

Fried Walleye Sandwich - NO better fish sandwich in my opinion.
Best I've ever had was in a small diner in Fargo, ND.  WOW!!!!!

MO-meister!!!  Like I do with Gary,

I'll send you my FedEx number,

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Hardy Boy

Thats a nice mess of fish !! I never ate one yet but still I argue that halibut or ling is better ....................... let the games begin ! ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Christopher M Songer

Had fresh halibut in Uclulet and frozen ling and I have to say walleye is the BEST!
Always go forward, never go straight

Dominick

Quote from: Hardy Boy on June 04, 2020, 04:02:16 PM
Thats a nice mess of fish !! I never ate one yet but still I argue that halibut or ling is better ....................... let the games begin ! ;D
Cheers:
Todd
I agree on halibut but lings can taste great only sometimes.  I caught a ling that tasted like a swamp.  I couldn't eat it.  Any ideas about why that can happen?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Mjg378

By far my favorite fried fish sandwich!!!   Nice catch!!
Mike 

Gfish

Quote from: Dominick on June 04, 2020, 04:07:02 PM
Quote from: Hardy Boy on June 04, 2020, 04:02:16 PM
Cheers:
Todd
I agree on halibut but lings can taste great only sometimes.  I caught a ling that tasted like a swamp.  I couldn't eat it.  Any ideas about why that can happen?  Dominick

Never experienced that. Was the bad tasting linger close to spawning? I.e. obviously matured gonads? That can do it with some species.
Anadromous salmonids start to experience kidney failure when they hit freshwater and it gets worse as their milt or roe gets more mature. Also, they get mold infections from external wounds...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Christopher M Songer on June 04, 2020, 10:13:36 AM
Best fishing in my lifetime. Dock in Vermilion Oh. Marked fish, there were stacked! Set up and trolled West to East for just under 2 hrs. 4 man limit of 24 walleye!

I'm kind of jealous!   8)  No better tasting fish than walleye or crappie out of nice clear, clean, water!  ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Tightlines667

That is good fishing right there!

Brings back memories of the few wide open Walleye bites I have experienced in my lifetime.  The best was around 220 fish caught in 2 days with 3 boats fishing Lake of the Woods during the 1990 opener.

I am catching Marlin and Tuna these days, but I still miss Waleye fishing.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Benni3

Wow,,,,,, :o that's a ton of nice size waleyes's,,,,,,, ;D

Jimmer

It's all fun and games until someone loses a walleye!  Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

mo65

Quote from: Jimmer on June 05, 2020, 12:59:12 AM
It's all fun and games until someone loses a walleye!  Jimmer

Ha ha! No doubt! They must be tearin' it up still...because after our catfishing charter we rode down to the docks to buy some walleye/perch to take home...and the walleye was on special for $9.75 a pound! Very nice looking fillets too. All I caught back in the bay were these "whisker walleye".8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~