Assistance from our Euro & Scandic Friends: Parts NLA in the Americas.

Started by Ken_D, December 08, 2011, 05:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_D

Hi, Far-away folks. Purefishing has chosen to kill off the winch 4-5-6 gearsets. in LH, and RH. They love to make one out of the 2 gears obselte,, so in effect, the whole concept dies too.
Over here, the main lh gear is dead, but the pinion lives. Great if you already own a reel, not not so great if you want to retrofit the lower ratio. 

Same thing with the RH set.

Part numbers are:  24974/24975  lh set,   and 24872/24973 rh set.

Could you folks advise if these sets are still available over your way, and how I go about getting them. Thanks !!

Kennie Dee

Paleoreelist

Hi Kennie
I'm in the UK and use a guy called Peter Coogan for ABU parts  petercoogan@fsmail.net  he is one of the main ABU service centers here.
The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

Ken_D

Thanks, I'll send over a note. KD.

Edit: note sent.  It's past close of business over there now, 9.37 pm, so maybe tomorrow, he'll see it.

Killerbug

I am placing an order at ABU in Sweden soon, I will ask on your behalf if they have any left.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Ken_D

Thanks, KB....the lead above so far has not panned out. The fellow has (to date) not replied to my note. Or he's not at his desk. Or he has a very strict spam filter.

Killerbug

Paleoreelist

KB could you ask if they have any pinion gears #9737 for Ambassadeur 9000c please? we cannot get any in the UK.  :(

Ken_D

I sent a note to the UK on the 8th, and as at this date, no reply. No worries,  I suspect his spam filter's chuted me to the pit.

The pinion gear above still shows on Purefishing's price list as D (delete when gone) I'll check with them via email, and see if they still show. Present cost is about 23.00 USD plus any tax, duties and postage. 

Killerbug

Paleoreelist

Ken_D

I got my reply mere moments ago at 9.45 am from the UK Abu guy, and as above, nada. Zip. Nix. Non. Fuggeddaboudit. Blanco. Oh well.

Paleoreelist

Glad he got back to you Ken, I rang him yesterday and told him you where trying to contact him.

Ken_D

There ~~MAY~~ be a possibility for RH reels, but its unproven.  I will see if I can remember where it was
I saw another low ratio gearset that was for the 4-5-6 reels, mostly for the 5's.

If I can recall the model, I'll send Pure Fishing a note and see if they still exist.  

ps: thanks for the advisory to the tech, Paleo.

Edit: I ran through the schematics at Mike's... it's the 5000 winch from 1989. I have a note in, asking about the ratio. It's a transition model, ultracast spool, with the old 2-washer drag gear setup, and different axle. but it's possibly the lower gear ratio.