Need Help Calcutta Conquest 101

Started by Jayce, December 10, 2011, 10:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayce

Hi Guys,

I have gotten a good deal on a new calcutta conquest 101 (sorry kenny the Scorp. will have to wait  ;D)
I want to open it up for the standard flushing, greasing, oiling and Drag upgrade.

How do you get the handle nut off?
My normal box/open wrenches wont work (socket wrenches maybe?)
Also, leftie lossey / righty thighty or backwards?

Also to the guys who have opened one before which parts or do's and dont's I need to be aware of?

Its my first time to open up a JDM (expensive) Reel so I like to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanx

coastalobsession

Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

Nessie Hunter

Handle nut should be 10mm  (metric)....
Dawn at Soothdrags has a multi Nut wrench that fits almost all Nuts from Penn knurled to Shimano..  8 sizes & types....

The 101 is a Left handed reel..  Reverse threaded!!!   
Righty loosey.
Lefty Tighty!!!    LOL
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

inhotpursuit

Jayce its a reverse thread and you need a thin walled socket similar to the Antares socket its 10mm like nessie said, download a pdf and print it big  (see the pdf) te 201 is almost the same as cq101dc ,there is a barrel spacer 3121 under the cover that the one of the screws goes through be carefull not to lose it or any of the other small screws i put my parts in in seperate containers for handle, gears,etc.congrats on the conqest dc bro.

http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/techdocs/en/CTE201DC_v1_m56577569830556207.pdf