New Project

Started by Keta, June 16, 2020, 01:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I work for a new and growing company connected to a mid size European pharmaceutical company.  They were in the red until last year.  It is time to expand.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Out with the old, including a loran.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

milne

Awesome project Keta,  Look forward to updates...

Now, the big trick here, is to watch how far you go with this project,,, in my case, I just kept adding things to the to do list on mine and it
Eventually became a complete re build,  It's my OCD shining thru   LOL.

Love the cabin on your project, That makes a HUGE difference to have that protection while out in less than favourable conditions...

Col

oc1

Quote from: Keta on June 17, 2020, 01:03:02 PM
I work for a new and growing company connected to a mid size European pharmaceutical company.  They were in the red until last year.  It is time to expand.
Yeah.  It's a cool project.  They have a first class video about your area on their web site.  It's a beautiful part of the world.

I guess you're trailering the boat to the coast?

-steve

Keta

Quote from: milne on June 18, 2020, 05:09:02 AM
Awesome project Keta,  Look forward to updates...

Now, the big trick here, is to watch how far you go with this project,,,

The current plan is to strip all of the after market wiring and replace it then install the Lowrance radar, Lowrance DHS chart plotter ICOM VHF, and Scotty electric downriggers that I currently have.  A friend has a i-Pilot electric trolling motor that does not work he is going to donate and my landlord at my shop is donating a auto pilot.  Future plans are electric window wipers, hydraulic steering and Honda 40 or 50 motor and a 6 horse trolling motor, depending on how much work I get this year and how $ I get for selling my big boat.  Still a lot of work to do before it is ready for the ocean but I'd fish it on the lakes as soon as the steering is fixed.

Quote from: oc1 on June 18, 2020, 05:59:32 AM
It's a beautiful part of the world.

I guess you're trailering the boat to the coast?

-steve

It is too dry for my liking and the growing season too short but the anchor (wife) loves it here.  There was ice on the water trough yesterday but frost season should be over now.....but we have had snow in July.

Yes, I plan on fishing the ocean with it as well as lakes.  I can tow it with my Jeep Liberty and it does not cost a arm and leg to pull like my big boat.  It should get better than 8-12 GPH on the water....much better.

Mark Twain

foakes

Nice project, Lee --

I know you will get it all pulled together in an orderly fashion that makes sense for you.

With the skills and contacts you have -- it will be a capable vessel soon.

Those are outstanding sea-worthy boats in weather.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Quote from: foakes on June 18, 2020, 01:42:25 PM
Those are outstanding sea-worthy boats in weather.

I am not big on smaller boats on the ocean but the Sea Dorry is a exception.  A friend in Alaska had this same set up and he went everywhere in it. I will have to watch the weather but I would trust it for 20+ miles out on good days.  I plan on taking it to Baja too.

Mark Twain

Rancanfish

That is amazingly close to my 16' antique Boston Whaler Lee.  When I come up we can buddy boat 20 miles out.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Donnyboat

Nice boat , interesting project Lee, if anyone can do it, you can, looking forward to your pics as you go, cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

amigo, how many guys can fish comfy on that boat?
The Baja Guy

Dominick

I never find deals.  That is a nice boat, even if it requires some work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Rancanfish on June 18, 2020, 02:54:24 PM
That is amazingly close to my 16' antique Boston Whaler Lee.  When I come up we can buddy boat 20 miles out.

Is your brother settled in?

Quote from: steelfish on June 18, 2020, 06:51:17 PM
amigo, how many guys can fish comfy on that boat?

It is really a 2 person boat but in a pinch 3.

Mark Twain

Maxed Out

Several of these boats in Puget sound and they are well liked by thier owners. Even has a small cuddy up front. It will certainly be a great offshore boat on those good weather days.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Ron Jones on June 16, 2020, 03:41:29 PM
Always liked that hull. Won't do the 45 knots in 20 foot seas that Ted demands, but it will always get you there.

Please understand Ted, I love your boat, and you always give me and my kidneys the ride of our lives!

The Man

More like 20 knots in 2' swell at 40 second intervals and need I remind you that you were sitting in a high back air ride suspension seat ?¿?

Guess I'll hafta reinstall the old seats so we can jar your spine and make you 2" shorter. Yep, I used to be 6'5", now I'm just 5'10

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Keta

A friend and former employer makes suspension seat bases and I am considering trading labor for a pair.  As of now I plan on taking the buffered seat posts out of my stripper and using them. 

Mark Twain