Boss Xtreme 500 Drag Problems

Started by tatch, July 07, 2020, 02:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatch

What a week nothing going right i stripped my boss Xtreme 500 to put in a new anti reverse bearing which went great no problems at all come to reassemble it and find i cannot get any drag I've stripped and rebuilt another half dozen times cant get that drag can anyone suggest what could be wrong 

Gfish

I've only heard of this problem, but check to see if the drag lever cam is installed so that it's pulling the spool into the drag washer surfaces. That is, the cam could have been installed upside-down.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

any chance that you have braid that is slipping on the spool?   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

tatch

No its not that Alan just put it together yet again I've double checked everything and ive got drag but now when i push the lever forward the damned thing is staying there no way will it budge back

tatch

Well obviously its something I've been missing but I know not what undone it took out the cam again cleaned everything out yet again regreased it put back yet again now we are all sweet again yippee  ;D

sabaman1

When you are putting drive side plate back on to frame is the drag lever set to freespool? Also you might have to reset your drag tension cam especially if it came out during disassembly.
JIM

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!