Mini Pontoon

Started by jgp12000, July 09, 2020, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I was thinking about building a 6x12 floating dock and putting rails on it with a trolling motor.If anyone has done anything similar I would like to know pros/cons and suggested size trolling motor? It would stay in my pond just something for children and older people to go out on.Any insight will be appreciated.Also,any material ideas the plans call for 2x6 studs with 5/4 deck boards.I built it this weekend I am looking for ideas for rails something sleek with steel cable?

Gobi King

just buy one, I see em all the time, not sure who makes them, you can pick up an old alu pontoon and refloor it.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oc1

We made one with four thirty-gallon plastic drums from the Pepsi bottling company, 2x6 treated lumber frame and plywood deck.  Aluminum will cost a mint.
-steve

Ron Jones

Did that when I was a kid. Fished all over the marina between the rocks and the first dock.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Gobi King

http://www.budsmarine.com/gillgetter_pontoons/2011_Pontoon_Boats/Models/Tiller.htm
very expensive

I saw plastic folding mini pontoon down south in Alabama for sale, not sure which chain.
it was around $4xx.

Fichigan

oc1

You can get plastic foam-filled dock floats, but they'd cast you as much as that boat.
-steve

Gobi King

Fichigan

Keta

Plastic drums make cheep and good floats.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain