Yamaha Marine Grease

Started by bhamlin52, July 20, 2020, 08:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riy2018

Quote from: bhamlin52 on July 21, 2020, 06:11:34 AM
The only salt here is in salt shakers. I may just use Lucas Marine grease as it's available.

Lucas Oil, Reel Oil | SPORT FISHING

bhamlin52

I finally found Yamaha Marine Grease at Blue Lagoon Boating Center in Harrison Twp.

$8.35 + tax a tube.

Alto Mare

Found this on amazon, you might qualify for free shipping, but not sure on the type of account you have.
https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/LUB-GREAS-14-00?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1NbRm7rm6gIVCpyzCh1DSwAMEAQYASABEgKLLPD_BwE

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Sal, it says free shipping on orders of $149 or more. Shipping for one tube is $7.95    Rudy

Alto Mare

Yes I saw that Rudy.
My daughter usually gets me free shipping from them, but I don't know how she does it.
I know she has premium account, but I'm not sure that's it.
Good to compare anyway, he might have to pay for shipping on his as well.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bhamlin52

Cold day in hell I'm paying $18 for an $8.35 tube of grease!

Gobi King

unfortunately that is what most people are paying who don't have access to a marine shop close by.
I paid $14 a tube for mine with shipping, I ordered 2 to save some!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oc1

We have some local marine dealers, but I still ordered on line because the shipping was less than the gas and hassle of going to town looking for it.  That was some years ago and the tube of grease will just not go away.  It collects all the insects and sawdust and I throw more away cleaning off the top layer than I use.
-steve

RowdyW

Steve, did you ever think it would be more economical to wrap the tube of grease in a piece of clear food wrap or transfering the contents to a plastic container with a lid?        Rudy

oc1

RowdyW

I sure wouldn't let you service my reel. No wonder you say you only oil your reels.

oc1

You can see how long it has been since I used grease on a reel.  Originally, casting reels were not intended to be greased.  The only reason you would add grease was if the reel was too hot/fast for you to cast without backlash.  Of course, there are more advanced braking systems now.
-steve

Riy2018

On my last fishing trip reel fell in the ocean water. We only had a Maxima 80916 Waterproof Grease https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-80916-Waterproof-Grease-Bottle/dp/B000WK8VV8/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=bike+grease&qid=1596210357&sr=8-11

Im not sure of ingredients but it worked well and smelled like Penn grease. not too sticky.
If it used on bike bearing and it is high temperature resistant, then it good for fishing reel.

bhamlin52

I was able to purchase a tube of Yamaha Marine Grease today for $8.35. The Marina had cases of it.