For Sale NOS Pro Gear 251. A 5:1 Squidder 145 Magnum, but better & cheaper

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, July 20, 2020, 09:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The Pro Gear 251 is approximately the same size as the Penn 145 Squidder.   I have a beautiful example that I would love to sell.

The 251 has 5:1 Jigmaster gears and drags and features a 1 piece left side plate/frame that is machined from a solid block of aluminum, as is the spool.  It is probably the strongest and most rigid design for a reel of this type ever made.  It is mechanically just like the Accurate Squidder Magnum, but better, and one heck of a lot less expensive.  The 251 is equal or better than the Squidder Magnum in every way except for the fact that these particular reels do not have clickers.

Shipping by Priority Mail with tracking would be from $8 up to $13.20 to anywhere in the USA.

SOLD: Near mint Gold 251. No clicker. Engraved graphics. Original rod clamp kit. Some light scratches on left side. 9+ on a 10 scale. 1/2 full of Spectra. $150

NOS Gold 251. No clicker. Engraved graphics. Original rod clamp kit and wrench. A few tiny marks but appears to be unused. $165

MarkT

I like to think of them as fully Accurized Newell 229's which are themselves designed to be Magnum Squidders!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: MarkT on July 20, 2020, 09:56:18 PM
I like to think of them as fully Accurized Newell 229's which are themselves designed to be Magnum Squidders!

You are right Mark.  When you look at it that way, these things are an incredible value.  I bet that you could get $250+ for a full aluminum 229 in nice shape.

thorhammer

Vintage Offshore Tackle

John, the total is $162 including shipping by Priority Mail with tracking.  I think that you are going to love this reel.

Thank you!

Randy