A couple of builds for a friend ...

Started by Alto Mare, July 20, 2020, 09:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

A custom 6/0:

This reel has been customized with Plates from Cortez Conversions
Frame and spool from Vintage Offshore Tackle
Hex 3.25:1 custom ss gear set, star and handle from ProChallenger

My hat is off to you guys, parts from 4 different sources and yet all working to perfection...love it!

Get yourself this tool on line for a couple of dollars, trust me it will make the job of installing the E-clip much easier

And the finished reel working to perfection

Standard size Red Jigmaster:

Plates and stand from Cortez Conversions, nice job on that new stand Tom, but I'm not surprised.
5:1 heat treated gears,DD Bridge, 10 tooth gear sleeve, star& arm from PoChallenger...knob might be Accurate, not sure

And of course the eccentric lever from Maxed Out

This Jiggie is working extremely smooth, but I'll let my buddy be the judge.

While I'm here I want to mention that after looking at things a little closer, I'm not sure how Tom is able to give us such a good price on his plates

This 9/0 kit, besides the plate it has approximately $100 worth of parts on the right side

Don't know how you do it Tom, with the milling, anodizing and everything else.
Can't speak for everyone else, but I sure appreciate getting top notch kits at that price... Thank you!

Enjoy everyone!

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Alto Mare

Thank you Randy!
Your Kit is a perfect match to Tom's plates, definitely one of my favorite.
Thanks for making these available to us Randy...good stuff!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ReelFishingProblems

Beautiful builds with parts that are second to none

Dominick

Wow!  I'm so glad I'm one of your friends.  And just in time for my birthday.   :D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

vilters

really liking that e-clip tool! oh and the reels are nice too  ;D, so where didja get that tool? 

thorhammer

I know who that friend is, and he is a friend to us all, as is Sal! Building my 6/0 this week.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on July 20, 2020, 10:42:25 PM
Wow!  I'm so glad I'm one of your friends.  And just in time for my birthday.   :D ;D  Dominick
😁

Quote from: vilters on July 20, 2020, 11:13:56 PM
really liking that e-clip tool! oh and the reels are nice too  ;D, so where didja get that tool? 
Fleabay!
Quote from: thorhammer on July 20, 2020, 11:44:34 PM
I know who that friend is, and he is a friend to us all, as is Sal! Building my 6/0 this week.
And you are correct John!
That man know more about these than I will ever learn.
His hand is acting up a little, so I decided to help out...he's the best and deserves it!

redsetta

QuoteAnd just in time for my birthday.
LOL'd at that one Dominick  :D ;D
Beautiful work Sal - the 6/0 in particular is mesmerising!
A joy to behold.
All the best mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

thorhammer

I just looked closer, and remember you going in that 29-100 drawer in the back for me a really nice gift!!!

Darin Crofton

Great job, Sal, beautiful reels my friend!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

Quote from: vilters on July 20, 2020, 11:13:56 PM
Sorry Vilters and everyone else.
I just checked on that tool and the cost went up 3x from when I purchased mine 2 years ago.

Quote from: Darin Crofton on July 21, 2020, 03:56:39 AM
Great job, Sal, beautiful reels my friend!
Thanks Darin!...handle shipped today, I've added a note.

Sal

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mhc

Nice work Sal, it's great to see so many of the custom parts available to us now in one post. It doesn't seem all that long ago you were experimenting with double dogs on the Tank - thanks for sticking with it, and thanks Tom and PC for making many of these parts available.  :)

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan