Hi from Minn

Started by AllenW, December 14, 2011, 11:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenW

Great site here, I got steered this way looking for a way to reassemble a Penn 320 GTI from when I was given the advise to just pull all the screws off the reel handle side and pull apart...
Lots of little pieces in that reel..:)

Thanks for the tutorial on the Penn reel and I've been now doing a few other bait casters with help from here.

Coming up on retirement in a year or so, hoping to get out and do a bit of Lake Superior fishing along with the smaller lakes, enjoy fishing for just about anything, but Musky's/northerns, walleyes and crappies are at the top of my list, but Trout and Salmon are gaining ground..:)

Been in HVAC/Appliance repair since the early 70's so if I can maybe help someone please feel free to ask.

Al

Bryan Young

Welcome to Alan's Site Al.  Glad to have you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Welcome aboard Al - hope you enjoy the insight (and banter).
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Paleoreelist

The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Al. As a troubleshooter and fixer, this should be easy for you. 8)  Visit often, stay long.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Quote from: AllenW on December 14, 2011, 11:16:28 PM
Coming up on retirement in a year or so, hoping to get out and do a bit of Lake Superior fishing along with the smaller lakes,
Al
Glad to have you aboard Al.  I guess when you talk about the smaller lakes you mean Lakes Huron, Ontario, Michigan and Erie?  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Welcome Al. Nice to have you with us.
Sal from Pennsylvania.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

AllenW

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 15, 2011, 01:22:26 AM
Quote from: AllenW on December 14, 2011, 11:16:28 PM
Coming up on retirement in a year or so, hoping to get out and do a bit of Lake Superior fishing along with the smaller lakes,
Al
Glad to have you aboard Al.  I guess when you talk about the smaller lakes you mean Lakes Huron, Ontario, Michigan and Erie?  :D Dominick

Hehe...I had something even a bit smaller than them in mind, one of our 10,000 lakes :)
But I am hoping to get over to Mich once or twice this summer.

Thanks for the welcome btw.

Al

kamuwela

aloha and mahalo for joining

alantani

reel repair should be great for keeping you out of trouble after you retire.  welcome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

A big *welcome aboard*..  Glad to have ya...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Jimmer

Welcome from your next door neighbor in Wisconsin. If I get done rewiring my boat by next summer maybe we could go troll for salmon out of Milwaukee sometime.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann