SOLD OUT: New Silver Tiburon P21XN kits for Penn Jigmaster

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, July 31, 2020, 01:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1

Nice build Jeremy, load it up with some 40lb spectra and your set. Tight lines to you!
JIM

mo65

I went hog wild on this one, using a silver Tib frame/spool kit and Tom's CC green plates. Everything inside is new stainless steel, except the stock eccentric cam and the vintage stock Moly steel main gear. The handle and bridge are Pro Challenger fare, and the drags are Bryan Young's 5-stack kit. I had to shorten one dog to get simultaneous dog action, since this bridge is designed for an 8 tooth sleeve, and all currently available steel sleeves are 10 tooth.
   This is one Jigmaster that I have no fear about maxing out the 5-stack drag.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rancanfish

You must have a small fortune in reels by now Mo.  I like the green.  It reminds me every time I see one of these builds that we have Tom making amazing precision parts for us.

Jeremy, I lost track of this thread but your reel is a looker.  I hope you are using it.  I used mine for rockfishing and it worked great. 
P.S.  I have been using the Pro Gear stars on everything for years and have never stripped one.  You just have to avoid ham handing them.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

jkel

Wow Mo, I must say you do build great looking reels!

Love seeing your other builds too on this site, awesome!

milne

mo65

Quote from: Rancanfish on November 28, 2020, 04:15:09 PM
You must have a small fortune in reels by now Mo.

Actually, most of my builds are budget minded. By using mostly stock parts...and performing the mods the "old" way(cutting and grinding)...many of my customs didn't break the bank. Now this reel is a different story. Like John Hammond..."I spared no expense!" ;D
   Thanks for the compliments folks! 8)

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Bill B

I got my kit last week and waiting for parts to come in to make the build. 👍 Thanks Randy for making these builds possible...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on December 16, 2020, 02:51:18 AM
I got my kit last week and waiting for parts to come in to make the build. 👍 Thanks Randy for making these builds possible...Bill

Thanks a million for all of your business Bill.  I love doing these special projects, but I would never have the guts to belly up to the bar without the support that you and the rest of the Alantani.com family have given me.

Merry Christmas!

Randy

mo65

Hey folks...just a "heads up" here...if you have large hands you might want to avoid using an offset handle on these XN kits. As you can see...it comes very close to your knuckles! I'll prolly be alright...we have band aids on the boat. ;D

El Pescador

MO!!!

If my Dad were standing next to me, and watched how close the handle comes close to your fingers,

he would say, "SON!, If you know that happens each turn, GET YOUR FINGERS OUT OF THE WAY!"

He was a practical man.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: mo65 on May 15, 2021, 02:59:37 PM
   Hey folks...just a "heads up" here...if you have large hands you might want to avoid using an offset handle on these XN kits. As you can see...it comes very close to your knuckles! I'll prolly be alright...we have band aids on the boat. ;D

I just turned the handle other way round .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Gfish

Ha! Just checked the 3 I have; 2 turned inward and 1 goin out! Ok, somethin else to do today.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!