Just saw this vintage tuna setup with fighting chair for sale (Sweden)

Started by Mandelstam, August 08, 2020, 05:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandelstam

One of Sweden's biggest fishing magazines has these tuna setups for sale. One of them is a vintage 130 lbs Penn Senator with split cane rod and fighting chair.

In the 50's Sweden had world class bluefin fishing and then they were fished out by commercial fisheries in the early 60's. A few years ago they reappeared and some, very limited and strictly licensed, fishing with tagging has been made to monitor the population. Maybe if we're lucky it will be possible to fish bluefin here once again.
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

oc1

Beautiful set-up.  Way out of my league but the price seems reasonable.
-steve

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Dominick

beautiful setup.  $1,100.00 USD is not a bad price for that set.  Go for it Karl.  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Mandelstam

Quote from: Dominick on August 09, 2020, 02:34:49 PM
beautiful setup.  $1,100.00 USD is not a bad price for that set.  Go for it Karl.  ;D  Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on August 09, 2020, 02:49:23 PM
that would look good in my living room.  ;D

Haha, all I would do is to pretend I was Quint and sing "Farewell and adieu, you fair spanish ladies.."

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

thorhammer