The Jigmaster 500 S XN

Started by mo65, August 13, 2020, 03:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Exellent Mo.
Still somea the best pictures on this site.
Never thought a that; with the Tiburon frame you can increase the strength by using longer screws, especially on the bottom.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

milne

I love Mo's tutorials...........

Again, another perfect reference to fall back on...
Thank you Mo....

Col

mo65

I just read back through the comments, and I want to thank everyone for the kind words. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

AC49

Porthos

Nice 500S rebuild. Can't wait to see your build with the 26 plates.

Dominick

Mo, that was a work of art.  Terrific.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

Quote from: Porthos on August 17, 2020, 10:40:58 PM
Nice 500S rebuild. Can't wait to see your build with the 26 plates.

Hey Wai,
   You must have missed the 26 posting...I made it back in March! The reel turned out very nice. Cranks super smooth and casts fantastic! 8)

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=30533.0

Porthos

Quote from: mo65 on August 18, 2020, 12:36:57 PM

Hey Wai,
  You must have missed the 26 posting...I made it back in March!

Yep! Totally missed it. Was totally distracted by some financial matters that needed attention as the pandemic started hitting SoCal.

Base on my experience with 50lb hollow core on the 27, you may be able to get 300+ yds of 50lb hollow core on your 500S XN...plenty for the Dodos, YT, schoolie YFT and BFT in the SoCal fishery if you have plans to come out here for multi-day trips.

xjchad

What a sweet little reel Mo!!
I love the way it came together, beautiful!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

thrasher

Well done sir, it looks amazing!!

I'm a sucker for the 500S and narrow spools and you combined them.

I don't know why I never thought of that but I know what I'm gonna do next.

Bill B

Go ahead and take my money Mo!  Beautiful build, well thought out and executed.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

mo65

Thanks guys! I think the S model plates are the best designed of the various Jiggy plates. I like the way they moved the quick-take-apart feature to the tail plate. That removes the possibility of the head plate "popping off" while cranking hard. 8)

Maxed Out

Only major difference with the 500s is the sideplates are made of Lexan and there must have been some issues with the material because Penn stopped using Lexan sideplates for jigmasters after a few short years
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !