"The One That Got Away"( A Good Thing?)

Started by Gfish, August 23, 2020, 12:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: scrinch on August 23, 2020, 09:00:57 PM
Greg,  do you ever read the comic strip Sherman's Lagoon? I think that there was a shark out there that day trolling for a kayak-bottomed human. You're lucky that you got away!

One time my brother and I were sitting on a school of football yellowfin on the East Cape, catching them left and right. I got out my light spinning gear for some fun, and pinned on a sardine. Pretty soon the sardine was hit, and before I knew it there was a 100lb striped marlin dancing out of the water about 100ft from the panga at the end of my line. I decided that I wanted to lose the fish before I got spooled rather than afterward, so I grabbed the spool and broke him off.   Moral: you put your bait in the water and you never know what you're gonna get!
That happened to me in Cabo.  We were live lining sardina for schooling red snapper when I looked down in the water and I see a marlin swim by.  The next thing I know is it hits my bait and starts jumping.  I got a good show for about 10 seconds before it broke off.  Fishing is fun.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Midway Tommy

At least you made it back to shore for a future go around, Greg.  ;) You could have been dinner  :o and spit out the opposite end.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Benni3

When I was 19 it was my turn in the fighting chair and this fin came up and boom got a 80 international spoiled in my lap,,pow boom pow,,,,, ??? Bad marlin bad,,,,, :D it used to be a mental thing,,, :o oh my,,, >:( but now it almost a everyday thing,,,, :-\ you can't catch them all,,,, :P so when somebody asks me why I use so heavy gear it was a marlin,,,,,, ;D

philaroman

what are you after, using such big bait in F/W ???

...Bull Sharks above the salt-line?

Sharkb8

That's the type of bait I use in my kayak, after dropping it in I paddle back to shore realy quick  ;D

Kim