12 size reel

Started by mak1, August 25, 2020, 04:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mak1

Looking at getting a Andros a 12s
IV not seen this size reel before with been in the UK
Can anyone tell me the Diameter of the left side plate also any pics at the side of a avet mxl

alantani

they are a little larger than the avet mxl's.   i'll try to remember to post a picture when i come across one next. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mak1

Thanks
I have now purchased one the only thing I've noticed with this real as in the UK we generally use lighter drags when bottom fishing I have gone for this more to balance her outfit out where's I know the smaller one would have been ok the dragged is very steep on the cam can this be changed to one that is more like a tdc cam as I don't think this really will ever be used at more than 5lb at strike

Maybe We Can Fix It

I recommend searching for the drag cam from the Andros 12SSE, this is the Andros single speed special edition, it was designed as a sailfish reel with a drag curve similar to the TDC cam and likely what you are looking for.

Quote from: mak1 on August 26, 2020, 09:09:45 PM
Thanks
I have now purchased one the only thing I've noticed with this real as in the UK we generally use lighter drags when bottom fishing I have gone for this more to balance her outfit out where's I know the smaller one would have been ok the dragged is very steep on the cam can this be changed to one that is more like a tdc cam as I don't think this really will ever be used at more than 5lb at strike
"Maybe We Can Fix It" Reel Repair
Scott Rodriguez
Owner/Operator
Factory Trained Technician

maybewecanfixit@gmail.com

Instagram: @maybewecanfixit_reelrepair

Website Coming Soon!!