DAM Quick 5001

Started by sandbar, August 29, 2020, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

I purchased a 5001 on the auction site and when I opened the box I couldn't believe how large it was. It's a beast of a reel. I had read how great they were and when I saw one I jumped on it before doing the research. I don't think I'll ever use it. I don't go after fish that require this kind of tackle. Is there anyone interested in trading me for something that I can use? I will post pictures or if anyone is interested please pm me. This reel shouldn't go on a shelf IMHBLO. It's not perfect but looks very nice.

theswimmer

Hey Sully!
I have a decent unrestored Finessa if you would be interested.
My name is Jonathan aka theswimmer .
The Dam Quick as you find them , is a thread I started .
My Grandpa and my dad always fished Quick and I have a few😀
Fred is my neighbor and boy can that lead to some issues!
I also have a lot of other stuff so feel free to ask if there is anything in particular.
I am not a shelfi person , I use my stuff , but I do have some pristine items that are just too nice to fish .
Let me know and congrats on that Regina , never seen one before and that is something.....
Best ,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

sandbar

Thanks Jonathon
I have two really nice Finessa reels already in my collection. Looking for 110 or 220 reels.

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Rivverrat

mo65

I just came across a 5000, and like the 5001, it's a gargantuan reel. I think this is why the 3000/3001 models are so popular...they have the same size drags and power as their 5000/5001 counterparts...but in a more manageable package.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sandbar

pics from the auction site

Aiala

What kind of stupid vandal slopped red paint all over the reel foot??   >:(

~A~

sandbar

Maybe marking their stuff? I don't know. It doesn't seem to be damaged.

Rivverrat

I must have the reel they used prior to up grading.

Rivverrat

Quote from: sandbar sully on August 30, 2020, 05:23:25 PM
Maybe marking their stuff? I don't know. It doesn't seem to be damaged.

Oh, no no... Aiala is just speaking of the appreciation some have for a vintage reel just as it came from the box... Jeff 

foakes

If no one else wants the reel, Steve --

I will buy it from you.

Those are reels that are both tough and versatile for heavy fish.  And it will handle braid well.

Plus, I have all of the parts to make it as brand new -- if you decide to keep it.

Let me know.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Fred
Jeff is the new owner. I'm glad to get it in the hands of a "Family" member. It sounds like he will put it to good use.
Now that I've held one of the reels of this series, I'm going start looking for a 2001.

Aiala

Quote from: Rivverrat on August 30, 2020, 06:24:14 PM
]Oh, no no... Aiala is just speaking of the appreciation some have for a vintage reel just as it came from the box... Jeff 

Jeff, exactly so.   :)

~A~