Summer fishing

Started by thorhammer, September 01, 2020, 01:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Weather, covid and home improvement projects have curtailed my normal summer offshore trips, but we did make it out a few weeks ago and did nicely- a triple on mahi in first ten minutes, chunked up a yellowfin on a spinning rod (a blast!) and assorted other goodies, plus biggest trigger I have seen.

thorhammer

Rancanfish

If we click on them they rotate.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

happyhooker

Glad somebody was out & had some luck.  Hard to get away anywheres, and local trips for me have shown the fish are staying home too and avoiding contact.

Frank

Gfish

Cool! A mixed bag a fun and good eats! Never seen a Triggerfish that big.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Hardy Boy

Nice job ! Great fish and yes that trigger is huge !! We have caught them in Mexico but nothing on that scale.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Dominick

Those triggers are good eating.  Nice work John.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

Good going John.  If that's the spinner behind you in the photo then, yeah, the tuna must have been a lot of fun. 
-steve

mo65

Good fishin' John! This year has been tough...I've been held back too...like so many of us.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

That's an Accurate twin spin, but I used my trusty 9500SS, stock, on a Trevala jigging rod, 80lb PP and fluoro leader free-lining a ballyhoo chunk on a Gami 7/0 octopus (prolly my fav hook for about anything not trolling). For context, I was about 260 then, and the trigger basically covered my torso. 150ft water off Carolina Beach.

steelfish

great mix compadre, considering your size, that trigger should be huge!!

nice bag for sashimi and ceviche
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Very nice fish,,,,, ;) and I'm glad to you out on the water,,,,,,,, ;D

ReelFishingProblems

thorhammer

Yes Alex- I meant to mention- trigger went straight to ceviche and was amazing! after you have to use a Sawzall to filet it lol