Penn display stand from mid 50s

Started by 1badf350, September 07, 2020, 03:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Here is a Penn display box as seen in catalog 22-23. Big thanks to Bob Hart, John Taylor, and Doug Whittington for helping me get it to Maryland
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

Quite a find in any condition but that one looks choice. Beauty!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Load it up with some reels and post photos.  It would be a cool way to show some of your collection.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Brewcrafter

That is really neat!  Thanks for sharing!  I second Dominick - let's see it with some "shelfies" displayed! - john

Donnyboat

Looks Great Chris, do you have any reels to fit in it, pics please. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

happyhooker

Maxed Out

Dang, now that's beyond very cool !!

Thanks for posting Chris
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Midway Tommy

Something to be proud of right there, Chris.  8) Nice acquisition!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

1badf350

Thank you everyone for the compliments. Now the tough part is deciding what to mount on it.
SO, i will let you all decide. Tell me what you would like to see displayed. Preferably period correct for mid 50s
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Dominick

Quote from: 1badf350 on September 08, 2020, 07:44:33 PM
Thank you everyone for the compliments. Now the tough part is deciding what to mount on it.
SO, i will let you all decide. Tell me what you would like to see displayed. Preferably period correct for mid 50s

I would get out Mike's book and load the reels from the period from the book.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

Colored monfils would be nice in the mix
Do what you can with that you have where you are