Shogun 4 crew members apparently overdosed

Started by Hamachi, September 25, 2020, 05:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi

Woah!
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

scrinch

Wow! It says there that the captain was hauled off on a stretcher, so he was involved too. And they were scheduled to leave on another trip in a few hours!

Swami805

It was mis-reported, it was just 4 deckhands. Pretty sad, hope those fellas are ok.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JK47

Man, I hope they are ok. I did a 5 day last month on the Shogun, and they were an excellent crew.

JasonGotaProblem

You can have a severe drug addiction and still be highly functional in your day job. I've witnessed it up close many times with childhood friends who chose a different life path. I've lost 60+ high school friends and counting to overdoses. Lots of opioid addicts in the charter and commercial fishing industry definitely not everyone by a long shot but a bunch of them. Odds are they got a tainted batch. Fentanyl is exposing more users than any other factor.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

There's a 7 page thread on this over at BD and the rumors are still circling around.....

alantani

best case scenario, there was some powder left on board by an unknown customer and the guys were exposed.  there was a similar incident a week ago involving a car on the side of the road, a chp officer and several paramedics.  i'm really hoping that this was an accidental exposure.  

Rancanfish

I'm sure quite a few vacations were ruined there. (Best wishes for crew anyway).

I'm not sure I'd want to ride with that 'excellent crew' in the future.  I don't want a druggie in charge of my personal safety.  And is the Captain unaware of it all?

I take it all back if it was accidental exposure.  Time will tell.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

alantani

well, like i said, i'm really hoping it was accidental.....   :-\

Bill B

Hoping it was accidental, that stuff is nasty.  We have about two ODs a month at work needing narcan
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

theswimmer

The problem with fentanyl is in the extreme variation in dosages .
The product , depending on source can vary so much by volume as it relates to potency that a dose that was safe in one case for one individual may be enough to cause 3 or 4 people to overdose on the second time around . I have had users tell me that potency can be so high that a dose consisting of the  size 8 or 9 grains of sand is enough to overdose .
This variation can be present within one given batch of product .
In the last 20-24  months there has been an epidemic of fentanyl overdoses in the western U.S.
We can only pray for the people who use this drug as they are truly playing Russian Roulette .
My 2 cents , ymmv.
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

alantani

it's so easy for innocent bystanders to be affected.  this is a lethal dose in a non-addict. 

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Brewcrafter

There was a post on social media on the SoCal Long Range Forum that basically said: all of the persons involved will be OK (thank God), all of the persons involved are no longer part of Shogun Sportfishing, and they really cannot comment further due to it being an ongoing investigation but they have resumed normal operations.