From Don

Started by Crow, September 27, 2020, 11:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Guess whos been fishing, two Samson fish, two Dhu fish, 1 70 cms 7 d other 72 cms, also 2 red throat, or sweet lips, from the emperor family. Cheers don.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Cor

Cornelis

El Pescador

Crow,

If you don't mind, I want to blow up the photo you posted, to show Don's face!   

I opened my email this am, and  had an email from Don with the same photo,

My first words were, "Whacko the Diddlyo"     from page 45 of the ASSIE TALK book Don gave me - "Whacko the Diddlyo" meaning Fantastic!!!!

Looks like a great day on the water Don, PLEASE let us know how you plan on cooking the Dhu fish and which cooking method is your favorite!!!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Brewcrafter

Looks like a good day on the water!  What outfits were you using? - john

wfjord

Maxed Out

Nicely done Donny. You're a fish catching machine !!

Good to see you getting your boat out on the pond

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

thanks everyone, Wayne, Pat frys them in a thin beer batter, just to keep the moisture, in the flesh, do not over cook.
      with the Samson fish, from the amberjack family, like yellowtail king fish, they can be really mushy crap most of the time, but they also can be nice some times, we cooked some to sample, this lot is really nice, other wise we would use them for fish mornay, or fish chowder.
    John we use a 16 once sinker, with a 10/0 hook about a foot up, then another 2 foot up we have a 6/0 hook for snapper, or red throat, blue bone grouper or what ever. hope this helps cheers Don, by the way, don is the older bloke in the pic, yes that right the good looking one. yee haa.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Arlyn, thanks for placing the pic here first, very nice of you.
     Sorry John, i only answered half your question, the reels we were using, Mark was using a, shimano TLD 25, & I was using Pats Daiwa tanacom 1000, electric reel, I mainly wanted to try the jigging mode out on it, but was to bizz, I must admit fishing in 40 to 55 M of water, with a 16 ounce sinker, it sure make it easy, Pat & I are heading out in the morning again, so I will have to use my old trusty 6/0, or the 9/0, stay safe keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

Glad to do it, Don !  I figured that you were the "good looking" one, in the picture !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Looks like a fantastic trip,,,,, ;) good eating too,,,,,,, ;D

Sharkb8

Looks like you had a good fishing well done Don

Kim

Donnyboat

Thanks Kim, Benni, Arlyn & mike, Patricia & I had the boat back in the water, just on daylight, yesterday, we had to strain our eye for any rocklobster float, in the water, until the sun was higher, we could see some whales almost jumping right out of the water, on the horizon, they were in an area about 33 m of water, we went to the same area as Sunday, could not get a decent bight all day, we tried a few other marks as well, came back with one red throat, & 2 wrasse, I must admit Pat done a great job, holding her electric reel all day, she really tried hard. but thems are the breaks ay. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Quote from: Donnyboat on September 30, 2020, 02:41:05 AM
Thanks Kim, Benni, Arlyn & mike, Patricia & I had the boat back in the water, just on daylight, yesterday, we had to strain our eye for any rocklobster float, in the water, until the sun was higher, we could see some whales almost jumping right out of the water, on the horizon, they were in an area about 33 m of water, we went to the same area as Sunday, could not get a decent bight all day, we tried a few other marks as well, came back with one red throat, & 2 wrasse, I must admit Pat done a great job, holding her electric reel all day, she really tried hard. but thems are the breaks ay. cheers Don.
Well you didn't get skunked and I think next time you will get the big one,,,,,,,, ;D

Rivverrat

Love the pics from around the globe. Both of those fish look like would be good fighters ?  But most likely, based on their confirmation, use different tactics once hooked... Jeff