Bronze whaler shark

Started by Sharkb8, October 10, 2020, 01:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeFish

Quote from: Sharkb8 on October 13, 2020, 09:43:48 AM
Didn't measure it most probably around 10ft and under 200kg I think the Australian record is about 378kg

Thats big! Do you have  length to weight charts there? We measure precaudal

Donnyboat

Nice that you releast it Kim, by the way, I did`nt realize there was good looking blokes in South Aussie, nice to put a face to a name, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

conchydong

Interesting Shark. I have never heard of them in the Western Atlantic although they may be here. Probably misidentified if caught. Long tail, not as long as a Thresher but still pretty large. How is their edibility? I know Threshers aren't bad as table fare, not as Good as Mako  but still not bad.

Benni3

Quote from: Sharkb8 on October 14, 2020, 05:47:55 AM
Benni I got the ray on the 500 the shark was on a 9/0  ;D

Kim
You know,,,, I heard there is monsters down there that eats great whites?

Sharkb8

Capfish that shark I didn't measure it but the first big shark I caught measure at 9ft2in to the fork . I did the cool thing back then and hung it up for a photo but since then released them all.That shark was caught on the same rod and reel. I have eaten small bronze whalers they taste ok.

Kim

Sharkb8

Capfish just looked at the charts and some thing don't add up to me this photo in a magazine from 1987 shows a bronze whaler shark that was 10ft long girth 7ft2in and weighted 221kg or 486lbs

Kim

Maxed Out

Whoa Kim, is that you standing next to the shark ??

Love the hair style !!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

CapeFish

Quote from: Sharkb8 on October 15, 2020, 10:31:26 AM
Capfish just looked at the charts and some thing don't add up to me this photo in a magazine from 1987 shows a bronze whaler shark that was 10ft long girth 7ft2in and weighted 221kg or 486lbs

Kim

Think thats why we use precaudal because the tales are so variable. Darn big bronzies those they definitely get much bigger by you. I have eaten small ones as well if you soak the meat in saltwater for a while its good. Apparently you guys are eating all our bronzies and soupfins as fish fingers.  :) We will have to cream you at rugby again to get you back

Sharkb8

Thanks Ted that's me,thanks capfish now that chart makes more sense when you don't measure the tail I will take a tape measure whith me next time.

Kim

Benni3

I like almost everybody but "Josh gates",,,,*♤@,,,,who I really don't like that much,,,, >:( but he wants to prove there's graint squid off Australia eating up the big sharks,,,,,,?,,, ;D

Sharkb8

Wow I heard that killer whales are killing white pointers in south Africa but I haven't heard of the squid killing the sharks here in south Australia.

Kim