James River Catfishing

Started by mo65, October 26, 2020, 08:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Just got back from feeshin' the James...what a hoot! Rob got big fish with his 65 pound slob. Our charter cap fishes all Penn reels...320GTI and Squall. I hauled along the red XN Jiggy and my hot rod Surfy 100. I'll make a video later...gotta rest my arms. 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

David Hall

Those have to be a lot of fun to battle.

happyhooker

The James--as in Virginia?

Frank

Swami805

Those are some fat ones! Nice!!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

Quote from: happyhooker on October 26, 2020, 11:35:25 PM
The James--as in Virginia?

Yep Frank. We were out of Surry...launched from that Surry Seafood marina.

philaroman

all superb...  I vote for the guy w/ foresight -- the one in overalls  ;D

Benni3

Fantastic job man,,,,,, ;) that's some great fishing down there if you go to the Virginia game department and look at the trophy fish from the James river it's got some big cats,,,,,,,,,,,, :o,,, ;D

whalebreath

That's one productive river!  8)

happyhooker

Quite a trip.  Big flatheads, I suppose.  Got a niece living over thataway--maybe time for a road trip.

Frank

oc1

Mo, close your mouth and act like it is not such a strain when they are taking the picture.   :) :) :) of course.  Nice catch.
-steve

steelfish

pure material for eternal memories

C&R or catch and fillet?
The Baja Guy

Benni3

When you come through,,,,,, 8) let me know and I will take you fishing,,,,,,,,, ;D

mo65

Quote from: Benni3 on October 29, 2020, 12:52:42 AM
When you come through,,,,,, 8) let me know and I will take you fishing,,,,,,,,, ;D

Never thought about that Benni...where are you located? We go to the Virgina beach/Norfolk/Suffolk area about every year.

akfish

Those are blue cats, right? I think I read somewhere that they are an invasive species in the James River and a fish they really should kept. Is this correct?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska