Another Everol !

Started by 54bullseye, November 02, 2020, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKChris1

I have a 6/0 'The Best' Everol and love it. OK, not as flashy as some two-speed reels but it is the Land Rover of reels (or maybe the Toyota?) - tough as old boots but smooth as silk and soooo powerful. My Cairns model 12/0 is also utterly reliable.

A very nice gentleman who took me fishing for giant bluefin some years back in Ireland lamented the day he sold his pair of 14/0 Everol reels for something more up-to-date.

Nice thing is that spares are readily available directly from a very helpful chap at Everol in Italy who speaks perfect English, even for some of the oldest models.

Which brings me back to the beginning and to say that 14/0 is a beauty and I'd happily use it on any fish large enough to warrant 130lb gear.

redsetta

Hi John,
Sorry, I missed your question a while back.
QuoteDo you have a lot of Everol Reels and if so which ones ?
I've only owned one - a beautiful little 2 1/2 which now lives in Florida with Darin.
I've worked on many over the past 15-odd years, but this was easily my favourite rebuild:
If it wasn't for the big BeastMasters, which caught my heart at an early age, I'd be an Everol junkie through and through ;) ;D
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

The Great Maudu

That's a great find John