Steel in Michigan Oct.

Started by Christopher M Songer, November 18, 2020, 01:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Fished the Pierre Marquette and Manistee a few weeks ago. The quality of these fish was pretty good. Just booked a trip to return in March 2021. The big fish and big run is in the spring. These fall fish are a teaser.
Always go forward, never go straight

Benni3

That's some very nice looking fish man,,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Brewcrafter

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Whoa!, nice chromers. Looks like they haven't been in the river long. Call 'em Fall run fish? Do they spawn in now, or in the Winter?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Christopher M Songer

Quote from: Gfish on November 18, 2020, 02:20:01 PM
Whoa!, nice chromers. Looks like they haven't been in the river long. Call 'em Fall run fish? Do they spawn in now, or in the Winter?
They run up in the fall to feed on the salmon eggs after the Chinook spawn. They come back stronger in numbers and size in March/April to spawn. I am new to this but this is what I have been told.

akfish

How do you fish them? Backtrolling plugs? Eggs? Jigs under a bobber? I'm just curious; I was able to recover from my steelhead addiction when I left Washington for Alaska years ago.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Christopher M Songer

ha,ha...  We mostly floated beads through the holes. Did back troll one hole 0 results. Cast a Wee Wart in one hold and I got a fresh coho seen in the pic when I am sitting on a seat. Neither salmon or fresh coho eggs did anything on day 2. Except for the coho on a crank everyone was caught drifting beads 2 inches above the hook. Bobber down!