penn 113h bearing replacement

Started by snagger, December 25, 2011, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagger

how do I remove and replace the bearing in the handle side sideplate on the penn 113h

Marlinmate

The bearing should be in a bearing cup. The cup pops out. Push from the outside of the reel towards the inside. Then you will need to get the bearing out of the cup. Not always an easy chore.

Often it is easier to just replace the cap/bearing with new to save the frustration.

Part #26 - Handle side bearing with case is about $12-$13.00 or so.

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

snagger

thank you for the comeback......... so if i get new i just press the container and bearing in from the inside of the side plate or do i press it from the outside of side plate

Marlinmate

the bearing cup has a flange on it.   You would push the new assembly from the inside of the reel towards the outside of the reel (opposite of removing it) until seated.

I think others will tell you...unless you have a 1/8" bearing removal tool (they are out there)..this is one pain in the #### process.

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

snagger

Paleoreelist

The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

tgoff

I just got a 113H and the handle side bearing cup came out without any effort. Does this mean I need a replacement side plate? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

RowdyW

No it's fine. Just put a little dab of silicone around it & put it back in. A little dab of grease works also. Once the reel is back together & the spool is in it can't go anywhere.         Rudy