113h broadbill rebuild

Started by Chank, December 15, 2020, 08:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chank

Anyone know the going rate for one of these guys? I picked this one up from an older lady who said she found it in her new home lol
Gear ratio looks to be 4.1 and isn't standard brass

Chank

Any other info on this kit would be appreciated

Gfish

Cool! I had to look. From $200-250, used. $100 for a conversion kit. Made by Newell. Saw something about Accurate possibly making a kit? Others with more Penn/Newell knowledge "will fer sher"be along to comment.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Looks like a Newell kit on a stock penn that's been neglected for quite awhile. 2 drag washers?   Any way looking at the condition maybe $75? The Newell parts look beat up
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Chank

The washers were stuck together haha. Frame and base plate are straight good thing looks don't effect how it works 😂

steelfish

gears look like stock steel 3.25:1 by penn, those were standar on the 1st gen of 113h, then they switched to brass gears on the same ratio.

not 4:1 but many guys still look for those stock ratio Steel gears, so I said you got a nice reel
The Baja Guy

Maxed Out

Nice find

These newell broadbill kits can go for $175+ in mint condition. Even well used, that kit is still $125 all day long

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!